Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 4:19:04 PM EDT
I really like the movie, "A few good men" with Tom Cruise and Demi Moore. I liked Saving Private Ryan, We were soldiers, Windtalkers, Red Dawn, Taps, Aypocolapse now, and just about any other military movie out there. I haven't seen "Jarhead" yet, so don't bash me on it.

But with the movies Taps and A few good men, it seems like there is an underlying liberal agenda in it.

Movie: A few good men

Danny Caffee...son of a liberal lawyer, who himself doesn't really show any respect the chain of command, etc. Is more of a hippy Navy officer than Kevin Bacon's character, but is shown to be smarter and more aggressive than anybody else. His classic line is, "You don't need a patch on your shoulder to have honor".

Sam Wienburg..."All they did was pick on a weaker kid." Doesn't like the "hardness" of military life. Is protraited far as more of a "brillant attorney" than a Naval officer. Is even dressed down by Jack Nicolson as a weakling, "Who's going to do it? You Leutenant Wienburg?"

Colonel Jessup and other military officers...shown as spineless cowards who'll lie, cheat and steal and don't have any respect for military civilian leadership. Shown as the "evil ones".

The two privates...shown as moronic imbeciles. And only the black guy "wises" up after the trial is over.

This movie was written by Rob Reiner and you know his politics.

The movie: Taps

A bunch of kids brainwashed by an "evil" General. The main charactors dad is a Sgt. Major and even he can't "think through all of the static" given by some mom calling all of the kids a bunch of little monsters.

And I've heard about "Jarhead" showing Marines as a bunch of mastrubating moronic hillbillies that can't control a wet dream.

So do any of you see it? or are there other examples of this liberal agenda against our military?

Freakin Rob Reiner, this is for you...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Happens in more than just millitary movies.

There was a line in Kong recently the basically said, you can't handle a firearm unless you have had millitary training.

Not really thought out. If i had a big angry money wanting to chew on me i would make sure everybody around was armed.

The American President: Kirk Douglas is a president and in the background is the ban on Assault Weapons!

Thats just what i can think of right now. but there has to be hundreds of messages.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
There was an anti-NRA poster on the wall in one of the Lethal Weapon movies, can't recall which one though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There was an anti-NRA poster on the wall in one of the Lethal Weapon movies, can't recall which one though.

Yeah, in "Lethal Weapon 4", doesn't Mel Gibson say about the guy with the flame thrower and full auto AR pistol..."He must be a spokesman for the NRA!"?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't think of any specific examples at the moment but it seems that just about every "monster" type movie has an "evil general" or military connection to the "release or creation" of the monster to be used for military purposes.

And their hair is ALWAYS too damn long, that's a dead give away for a shitty movie right there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Seven Days in May is a most excellent political movie about the military. One of the few movies where I actually like the mix of politics with military.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top