Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:20:03 PM EDT
Brought to you by the fine folks at the Hyatt Regency, in beautiful downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.

This is an old skool pic. No bullshit, just a gun and some food. The knife they gave me sucked, so I used my Gerber (kiss my ass, Tim Leatherman).

Hot damn, that was tasty.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good!  
Stay Safe.
Robb
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
-1 for no measuring device, but that's canceled out by the +1 b/c the laptop is showing arfcom.

ETA: POST .308! w00t!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good, except for the "ass"paragus. I used to like it but I almost puked last time I ate it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
-1 for no measuring device, but that's canceled out by the +1 b/c the laptop is showing arfcom.

It's an OLD SKOOL dinner pic, no bullshit. Plus, cut me some slack - I was in a hotel (just got home).
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Tasty treat you have there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
mighty fine looking vittles there, fella...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I almost forgot. The wine was a Clois Du Bois Merlot, from Sonoma as I recall. It wasn't too bad.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There should be  a scale in the Gerber so measurement quota is filled.

BTW is your .45 loaded?
It looks like the magwell is empty.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW is your .45 loaded?

Stock mag, black as hell. Look closely. It's cocked and locked, ready to rock an roll. Nobody fucks with my steak.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BTW is your .45 loaded?

Look closer
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice.......+1 for traveling with a 1911.............I give it a solid 9.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Looks good, except for the "ass"paragus. I used to like it but I almost puked last time I ate it.

Ya, that's what the food eats. I brushed it off my plate post haste.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
they don't taste so bad if you cook them with spices and put salad dressing on 'em.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW is your .45 loaded?

Stock mag, black as hell. Look closely. It's cocked and locked, ready to rock an roll. Nobody fucks with my steak.

Sorry, must just be all the fingerprints on the screen from my son.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#16]

because asparagus is always forgotten in dinner pics
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to Indy. What's the purpose of your travel, if you don't mind me asking...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Let me guess.  About $45, right?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Welcome to Indy. What's the purpose of your travel, if you don't mind me asking...

Business. I'm implementing a new call center for a rather well known hospital.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

$60. I also ordered Nachos Grande, and a beer. Factor in the delivery charge AND the 20% MANDATORY gratuity, and there you have it. Tasty, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$60. I also ordered Nachos Grande, and a beer. Factor in the delivery charge AND the 20% MANDATORY gratuity, and there you have it. Tasty, though.

Thinkpads rock.

email the management the definition of "gratuity"

from Latin grātuītus, voluntary
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Business. I'm implementing a new call center for a rather well known hospital.

Cool. Too bad you weren't here next weekend, it's the Indy 1500 Gun Show.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#23]
hotel food and beverage director, former Executive Chef...
that is the worst room service meal I have seen outside a Ramada,,ever...
horrible presentation,..hope you didnt pay more than 12.00 for it..
greasy potatoes, overcooked asparagus, poorly cut N Y strip..a tomato wedge garnish,,thats orginal....looks like they couldnt even wipe the plate where the steak dripped on it..
they should be ashamed....for a Hyatt....bleak, very bleak,,
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
greasy potatoes, overcooked asparagus, poorly cut N Y strip..a tomato wedge garnish,,thats orginal....looks like they couldnt even wipe the plate where the steak dripped on it..

I want to stay in one of your hotels!

The potatoes: Greasy? Sure, but man they were REALLY tasty! This is coming from a guy who likes his hashbrowns covered and smotherd at the Waffle House, however.

The asparagus: You're right, but the asparagus was discarded soon after the pic was taken. They should feed that stuff to the animal on my plate.

The tomato: I couldn't figure that one out, either.

The steak: There's a proper way to cut it? I'll tell you one thing, I asked for a RARE steak. In fact my exact words were "As rare as the chef is willing to make it". I got medium well. Wiping the plate is an interesting idea. Your attention to detail is something to behold. Again, I want to stay in one of your hotels.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

+1. I'd be annoyed if that came to my door.  Of course I wouldn't care as much since more than likely it would be courtesy of the .gov.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Everytime I think I dont need a 1911 I see a dinner pic with a 1911.  Well I guess I know what my next handgun purchase will be.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#27]
-1 No detailed menu
-1 Wine instead of beer or liquor
-1 No stapler <- Even though its oldschool, you must have the stapler.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The potatoes: Greasy? Sure, but man they were REALLY tasty! This is coming from a guy who likes his hashbrowns covered and smotherd at the Waffle House, however.

The asparagus: You're right, but the asparagus was discarded soon after the pic was taken. They should feed that stuff to the animal on my plate.

The steak: There's a proper way to cut it? I'll tell you one thing, I asked for a RARE steak. In fact my exact words were "As rare as the chef is willing to make it". I got medium well. Wiping the plate is an interesting idea. Your attention to detail is something to behold. Again, I want to stay in one of your hotels.

well of the few things i know anything about, food is one of them, the cut on that steak is poor, too thin, the cap has curled and membrane split,,,bad form... and over cooked unless you like shoe leather with your 57 sauce and though I am sure the potatoes tasted good,,the presentation is terrible they appear to be reheated/recooked..the wedge of tomato is supposed to be a garnish fresh tomato is classicly used as an aside to beef steak,,,a nice tomato fan would have been much more orginal and pleasing in appearance or even just sliced with a dollop of peppered mayo would really spruce it up..god that sounds teh gay....

,,if you or any arfcom member is planning to be in  the San Diego look me up. I know I can get decent rates for "friends" dependant on occupancy and for sure WAY better food..not wanting to plug the property but there is a big H on the building and its on an island..
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well of the few things i know anything about, food is one of them, the cut on that steak is poor, too thin, the cap has curled and membrane split,,,bad form... and over cooked unless you like shoe leather with your 57 sauce and though I am sure the potatoes tasted good,,the presentation is terrible they appear to be reheated/recooked..the wedge of tomato is supposed to be a garnish fresh tomato is classicly used as an aside to beef steak,,,a nice tomato fan would have been much more orginal and pleasing in appearance or even just sliced with a dollop of peppered mayo would really spruce it up..god that sounds teh gay....

,,if you or any arfcom member is planning to be in  the San Diego look me up. I know I can get decent rates for "friends" dependant on occupancy and for sure WAY better food..not wanting to plug the property but there is a big H on the building and its on an island..

Gotcha. I travel to California from time to time, and I'm 99% sure I know what you're talking about. It's either somebody that earns me Gold Passport priviledges (I'll have a week worth of free vacation saved up in to time), or it's the other one with an "H".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top