Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:09:49 PM EDT
I want to copy some of my kids favorite DVD's to make a copy that they can play to death, and a copy to keep clean and pristine, but copy protection issues are getting in the way, anyone have any solutions that aren't going to kill my wallet?

I'm also looking for something that will allow me to connect a VCR to my PC, and record VHS tapes to DVD without running afoul of copy protection.  Come on guys I know you can solve this for me.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you already have software to burn a DVD and it just doesn't work because of the encryption? If so, go here and download this...

www.dvd43.com/

It has worked on every dvd I've ever tried to burn.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I want to copy some of my kids favorite DVD's to make a copy that they can play to death, and a copy to keep clean and pristine, but copy protection issues are getting in the way, anyone have any solutions that aren't going to kill my wallet?

DVDShrink

It's free.

And you will need a copy of Nero for the burn.

If you run into the rare DVD that Shrink can't rip use DVD Decrypter
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on DVD Shrink....

FYI, it also makes the copy Regionless!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You'll need a dual-layer burner or have to spend the time removing all the extra material that they throw onto the DVD. Even then you might not make it onto a single 4.8 Gb disk.

Sux.

Try DVDShrink.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You'll need a dual-layer burner or have to spend the time removing all the extra material that they throw onto the DVD. Even then you might not make it onto a single 4.8 Gb disk.

Sux.

I've never had a problem with mine fitting on a single 4.8Gb dvd including the special features and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DVDShrink

It's free.

Never had a problem using the above methods..
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DVDShrink

It's free.

Mega +1
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody mention DVDShrink yet?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
all of the above.
then when you get a new movie that you can not copy.find a anydvd and clone dvd.they take care of the new encryption.
but this info is for movies that you own.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Sure you can get ANY movie on 1 single DVD disc, but if you have to compress it, you lose quality. Sometimes the quality is 95% of original, and it's hard to see a difference. Other times it's more like 70-80% of original and the difference is downright noticeable.

I prefer my backups made with DVDshrink to be 100%, so most of the time I use 2 discs. $1.00 a movie for a backup at full quality, versus $.50 for a not-so-good looking one. Your choice of course.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:05:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#14]
DVD43 has never once worked for me. Now, DVDDecrypter and DVD Shrink on the other hand, have yet to fail me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#15]
DVDFab Decrypter 2.9.6.6 (12/28/2005)    

DVDFab Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Express.
It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying.

www.dvdidle.com/free.htm
Direct link
69.73.173.59/download/DVDFabDecrypter29.exe

Posted for informational and research use only.  

Sometimes DVD Shrink or DVD Decryptor don't work.
Pull DVD Fab out of your bag of tricks....

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
DVD43 has never once worked for me. Now, DVDDecrypter and DVD Shrink on the other hand, have yet to fail me.

Weird. Maybe you aren't using it with software that is compatible?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top