Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:40:47 AM EDT
I just searched the US copyright office and couldnt find a listing for it.  I also noticed the following...

www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#piu

Publications Incorporating U. S. Government Works

Works by the U. S. Government are not eligible for U. S. copyright protection. For works published on and after March 1, 1989, the previous notice requirement for works consisting primarily of one or more U. S. Government works has been eliminated. However, use of a notice on such a work will defeat a claim of innocent infringement as previously described provided the notice also includes a statement that identifies either those portions of the work in which copyright is claimed or those portions that constitute U. S. Government material.

Example: © 2002 Jane Brown. Copyright claimed in Chapters 7-10, exclusive of U. S. Government maps

Copies of works published before March 1, 1989, that consist primarily of one or more works of the U. S. Government should have a notice and the identifying statement.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]
you can't copyright a name, you trademark it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
if you are referring to the pattern, they could have patented it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Not the name; the pattern
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:47:55 AM EDT
[#4]
yup, patented...just found it
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer CADPAT over MARPAT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top