Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 2:42:11 AM EDT
For some reason, I've been listening to alot of slow, muddy, sludge ridden, stoner metal.

Grand Magus is a fine example. There's some low bitrate 90 second samples over at allofmp3.com.

music.allofmp3.com/r2/Grand_Magus/Grand_Magus/group_7798/album_1/mcatalog.shtml?albref=14

All this talk of Creed and Nickleback has got me yearning for audible evil. You know, the kind of stuff that would give a Clear Channel exec siezures.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have fallen victim to the evils of Horror Rock lately.  Wednesday 13 mostly.  Imagine if the Munsters, motley crue and Jerry Lee Lewis mated with Danzig and spawned.

Fun stuff.  

Sample Mp3 from Roadrun.com, the label that they are on
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have fallen victim to the evils of Horror Rock lately.  Wednesday 13 mostly.  Imagine if the Munsters, motley crue and Jerry Lee Lewis mated with Danzig and spawned.

Fun stuff.  

Sample Mp3 from Roadrun.com, the label that they are on

The drums are a little "punchy" for my tastes and the guitars are a little overdone in the effects department, but you're right! This is kind of fun!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:25:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Also look up his other bands, frankenstein drag queens from planet 13 and murderdolls.

Lot of their stuff comes from the movies.  look for "your mother sucks cocks in hell" (line from the exorcist), you will see what I meant by Jerry Lee Lewis...it is funny.  

Lot of Zombie related songs as well that appeal to me for some reason, I do not know why.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
man, thought this was some type of star trek: deep space 9 question...the grand magus being the head ferengi...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:48:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
man, thought this was some type of star trek: deep space 9 question...the grand magus being the head ferengi...

Nagus..Grand NAGUS
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOOP!.....WOOP!.....WOOP!.....WOOP!

NERD ALERT!

I think I have thouroughly out-nerded him.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]
hahahaha i can't be that much of a nerd if i got the rank wrong! forgive me for violating the 374th rule of acquisition in not double checking the designation!

god, i AM a nerd!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn, nobody?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope, sorry.  Give me some old school NYC Death Metal or East Coast Hardcore anyday.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#11]
sounds like someone listens to rob zombie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top