Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2006 4:15:22 PM EDT
I'm watching COPS right now. Long story short, the officer is reviewing mall security footage showing a man attempting to return stolen merchandise. Store security (Skinny dude in jeans, cowboy hat, big buckle...) calmy tells the rather large (!!!) suspect to come with him. Suspect fights back (crazy!).

Officer watcing the video says "I'm glad I didn't have to fight him. That's a big 'ol boy. He's a little too big for me, I'd have to just shoot him".

He also mentioned that in Texas, if a citizen makes a lawful arrest, he has the same rights as any police officer - i.e. if the guy starts fighting...well..."You gotta fight back".
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I love Texas too.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Texas is awesome. Duh.

And yes, if you see someone committ a felony, you can arrest them and if they resist, you CAN kick their ass until they stop resisting.

Also, in Texas you CAN shoot someone if you reasonably believe that it's the only way to get your stolen property back. I.E., someone breaks into your car, steals your stereo, and runs off, you can shoot him if you can't catch up and tackle him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Texas is awesome. Duh.

And yes, if you see someone committ a felony, you can arrest them and if they resist, you CAN kick their ass until they stop resisting.

God bless America. Or at least Texas, at a minumum. That's how it SHOULD be.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
and our deadly force statutes are rather harsh to bad guys
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
and our deadly force statutes are rather harsh to bad guys

I hear next year we're putting in an express lane to ol' Sparky.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I love Texas too.

lucasoman.com/images/funny/texas.jpg

Now that is my kind of ATF.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
two words

Shiner Bock

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I know I love Texas.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]
That's it, I'm moving!  Where in TX is that store anyway?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Me too, transplant from PRK and never looked back!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top