Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 3:14:03 PM EDT
Looking to get another policy.  I have one through Zurich Kemper for $600k, looking for another $500,000 or so.  This will be a term life policy.

Recommendations, or certain companies to avoid?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Northwestern Mutual is one of my personal favorites, if there is any such thing when it comes to life insurance.

SBG
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Northwestern Mutual is one of my personal favorites, if there is any such thing when it comes to life insurance.

SBG

That would be my recomendation as well.  Northwestern insures more high net worth people than any other company. They are the Go-To co for the nations Wealthy. Do you want to do what the wealthy do, or what some hack agent tells you ?   They have the highest ratings in the industry and have for a long long time. Are their other good companies? Sure But Northwestern is great.

No, I dont work for them I hold policies with them as I do with other companies. On an aggregate scale nothing touches my NW policies (I understand he is probably taking about Term)

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody has to die to find out if they're good or not.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Check with this company...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a fan of Northwestern as well.  My wife and I have a mix of whole and term.  Their whole policies are probally the best.  Term is term and you can pick any company.  

Good thing with Northwestern term is you can convert to whole at a later date.  Make sure your system is clean prior to the blood work.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

...  On an aggregate scale nothing touches my NW policies (I understand he is probably taking about Term)

True, the value of NW policies are not in their term polices, and quite frankly just baout any BS company can write you a term policy that will beat Northwestern's rates, but Northwesten's real value in the whole and variable life policies.

PeteCO, I know that your wife is expecting so you may want to consider something other than term.

SBG  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you may want to consider something other than term.

SBG  

Why?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy term with guaranteed renewable term that will keep you insured until your youngest child is done with college or will be able to provide for him/herself.

Any other Life product results in huge commissions for the agent. I've heard as much as 120% of the first year premiums.

Buy term invest the difference.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
There are lots of companies cheaper than NW for term. They were never a leader in term insurance. One of the best ones I dealt with was US Life. Very cheap term -- no comparison with companies like NW.

NW has better whole life policies than most of the industry but that isn't saying much. There isn't a whole life policy out there that could match an ordinary savings account for investment value. Unless you have some complicated estate planning issues, or just need a way to remind yourself to put money away in a no-interest account, then you should stick with term.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top