Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:16:01 PM EDT
Ever since drivers ed, they have told me to pull into the nearest lane.  I can't believe the number of people that pull into traffic into the far lane and cut people off .

Dumbasses.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The roads are filled with dumbasses.  Sometimes I wonder just how the fuck these people got a license.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll let you come to ILL -in-noize and watch the idiots find new and creative ways to ignore the vehicle code language that requires drivers to "yield to an emergency vehicle with audible and visual warning signals activated" ...
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Like when they are turning right and you are turning left and they turn into YOUR lane and then give you the finger or look at you like you are the idiot

Or they hang out in the left lane driving right next to the person in the right lane at exacltly the same speed so you can't pass their no driving asses
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The best of course is the left lane bandit. That drives below the limit in the passing lane!

They are oblivious to anyone but themselves.  And dont even notice any tailgaters or the long line of cars behind them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll let you come to ILL -in-noize and watch the idiots find new and creative ways to ignore the vehicle code language that requires drivers to "yield to an emergency vehicle with audible and visual warning signals activated" ...

I know what you mean Tango.  I'm not an LEO but I notice a lot of cars in my area not even pull over and the fire truck/ambulance/PD car has to drive on the wrong side just to get through an intersection.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Until you get 4 feet from their bumper and lay on the horn
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Or they hang out in the left lane driving right next to the person in the right lane at exacltly the same speed so you can't pass their no driving asses

I this case I feel it is perfectly acceptable to bring the front bumper of my truck to within "drafting distance" of the rear bumper of the offender and drive with my brights on. My headlights are roughly equal to the height of the rearview mirror on most sedans and coupes.

My peeve is when I am sitting at a stop light in a left turn lane, and people turning left from the cross road decide to use half of my lane as the apex of their turn.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#10]

I lost two points on my Driv Ed test for doing that (23/25)

Haven't done it since (for the more practical reasons of course)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
People in turn lanes lately have honked their horns at the car in front AS SOON as the light turns green.

What the hell! Are they not moving fast enough for you?!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The best of course is the left lane bandit. That drives below the limit in the passing lane!

They are oblivious to anyone but themselves.  And dont even notice any tailgaters or the long line of cars behind them.

It's because they are too busy on their cell phones
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Amen Brother!!! I am constantly pointing out this common violation to my 7 and 9-year-old in an effort to better the future.... And when it's done with a cell phone in hand it should be worthy of the "draw down".

Actually for years I always thought we should be issued some sort of land-to-land missile mounted atop our rig or inside the grille (Batman style). There would be a total of six per person during the lifetime and are given out after the age of 35...if you have to ask why forget it. Then, upon discretion, you are allowed to engage assfaces such as this. Lots of bugs to work out but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's because they are too busy on their cell phones

Thats the truth. They are so engulfed in their converstation they dont know they are in traffic.  I usually will pass them on the right and give a little blip into the left lane.  You wouldnt believe how many cell phone hit the floor when you do that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Like when they are turning right and you are turning left and they turn into YOUR lane and then give you the finger or look at you like you are the idiot

The left turn must ALWAYS yeild to the oposing traffic (making a right or going straight) unless you had a green arrow. Learn how to drive or sell your car please.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The left turn must ALWAYS yeild to the oposing traffic (making a right or going straight) unless you had a green arrow. Learn how to drive or sell your car please.

Yes but if they turn into their assigned lane there shouldnt be a problem. But these people will cut the left turning car and leave you in traffic with your ass hanging out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Left hand turn with a signal has the right of way to use ANY lane in the correct direction.

Right hand turn procedes AFTER giving right of way to left hand turn.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ease on up and give em a little tap.

As long as the differential speed is <2.5 MPH, the bumper should suffer no damage.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#19]
DL are way too fucking easy to get.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I thought.  People in the Chicago area don't seem to follow that rule.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
DL are way too fucking easy to get.

About five or so years ago, a coworker took his son for his driver's license exam.  Next day I asked how it went.  He buried his head on the desk, then looked at me and asked what my exam was like.  Mine was in the early 60's.  You sat down next to a PA state cop in a miltary style office.  He asked the exam questions and you answered verbally.  (No stare at the screen and pick a choice)  If you passed that, then you went outside and got in the car.  They had a closed course.  Had to make a three point turn between two curbs without touching, then there was a tight serpentine that you had to navigate through at over a certain speed.  Maybe more but I don't remember with this guy who could have doubled as a drill sargent.  Enough to intimidate almost anyone.

Coworker replied, "He only had to drive around a couple blocks and they passed him."

Now I see there are people bitching because a southern state requires them to read English.  All I have to say is "Bridge Out".  That should solve it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Just ease on up and give em a little tap.

As long as the differential speed is <2.5 MPH, the bumper should suffer no damage.

Or drive an old pickup (in my case, a wrecker) with a railroad tie bumper and hit at full speed.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The roads are filled with dumbasses.  Sometimes I wonder just how the fuck these people got a license.

Everybody knows the the rules of the road are only followed until the state gives you your license.  After that, it's a free for all!!!

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
People in turn lanes lately have honked their horns at the car in front AS SOON as the light turns green.

What the hell! Are they not moving fast enough for you?!

That light is only going to be green for determined amount of time.  We have to get as many cars thru as possible, pokey!!  MOVE IT!!

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ever since drivers ed, they have told me to pull into the nearest lane.  I can't believe the number of people that pull into traffic into the far lane and cut people off .

Dumbasses.

Yeah!

Freakin Korean drivers!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I once got hit by a jackass pulling across three lanes to make a right hand turn.  He was on his way to flying lessons.....seriously.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#27]
It's apparent that none of you whinners have ever driven in Texas. I'm wondering when someone is at least going to acknowledge the existence of a yield sign, or why people never merge with traffic when entering a freeway (they will literally either force you to come to a stop to let them in or run them off the road, but they NEVER pick a spot, accellerate and merge).

My first day here I was nearly rear ended for coming to a rolling stop at a yield sign near a freeway off ramp and I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have nearly been side swiped by people getting on the freeway.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Left hand turn with a signal has the right of way to use ANY lane in the correct direction.

Not when you have double left turn lanes, then it is chaos.  For a bonus, add in the 1/3 or so who make U-turns from the inside lane and play chicken with right-on-red folks.  

I was driving an Aussie coworker around and she wanted to know how four-way stop signs worked.  Simple I said, don't get hit.  No one else knows what they should be doing and half are on the phone, so just don't get hit.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#29]
How illegal is it to follow an ambulance with flashing lights and sirens while going 90 MPH?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Why cant people pull into their closest lane?

Because they're all dicks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Apparently you live in a country where they drive on the wrong side of the road.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

They do it here in MA too.  I drive a ladder truck and have had people look directly at me less than a hundred feet away,  approaching with lights, siren and airhorns,  pull right out into the single travel lane in front of me like I was a figment of their imagination.

There is something in the human phsychie that disallows some people to yield to other drivers or emergency vehicles, no matter how dangerous a situation they will create by doing so. I'm convinced its a character flaw and the gene pool is becoming more polluted with it all the time.

There is a severe problem in this country with regard to the certification of a drivers "source" of driver education. It is not required.  A bad driver who is licensed can teach a non driver how to drive and they in turn can get a drivers license and proceed out onto the roads to further jeopardize the lives and safety of other drivers.
It should be far more difficult to get a drivers license in this country and in every state than it is currently. Most of the tests are a joke and the result is evident in the poor drivers on the roads.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Dumbasses.

ME! ME! ME! ME!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#34]
My personel favorite is the people in little itty bitty cars who get into the left lane to make a turn, then move right because they think they are in some 50 foot long truck and they have to turn wife.
WTF?  
all while talking on the cell phone
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:34:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

And they are BREEDING!!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:39:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Cars and trucks should be banned!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

They got their license because the previous person got the gumball.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Every new vehicle should come equiped with a couple of air to air missles to be used over the life of the vehicle. You only get two, but you get to chose who you use it on. Driving would be much more interesting and manners would improve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top