Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2001 5:35:57 AM EDT
I'm just copying down what came over NYPD's FINEST Message Switching System to All NYC commands...

"Subject: Washington DC, Metropolitan Police Dept Request For Assistance

1. The MPD, Washington D.C. has made a request of this department to send 1000 NYPD Police Officers and supervisors to Washington D.C. to support their police operations during the annual World Bank-International Monetary funding meeting scheduled for September 29, 30, October 1, 2, 3, 2001.

2. At this time, MPD's request is under consideration by the department and remains subject to the approval by the police commissioner.  However, given the possibility that MPD's request may be approved, initial detail organizational steps have been authorized.

3. If final approval is obtained, NYPD uniformed Members of the Service would be assigned on a purely voluntary basis. It is expected that volunteers for this assignment might be working extended tours every day, possibly in excess of 12 hours each day."

I know there are many details to be ironed out(payment, indemnification, housing) but I'm going if we're approved!  Any other Dept.'s get this request?
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 5:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Great!... I work a block away from the World Bank...That mean I will take that day off!

The last time it happened, I went to work early in the morning and met by hundreds of riot Police.  I called my boss....."Not today boss!...I am outa here!"
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll have to serious think about going to work those days.   I'm a block away too.  [:D]

1,000!  Makes me wonder how many police officers DC has.  NY too.

Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:18:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Last I heard NYC has over 45,000 uniformed officers!!![img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waverunner%2Fnypd%5F02%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Come to DC and knock some leftist protestors on their ass.  If they are the same ones who came to the inauguration they are filthy nastly tree-hugging Vietnam-style protestors.  Yuck.  Rich spoiled and dirty.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Sshhweeet!!!!,

Nothing like a good protest or march to get the overtime flowing!  Man I'll makin' some cash on that week!  I wonder what I'll do with the windfall, buy a LEGP rifle...well maybe not since those with all the guns don't "allow" me to own them. [:(]  Anyway with more police around its gonna be good for business!!!

rDAm
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#6]
What business and where is it located?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top