Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 7:33:32 PM EDT
So the wife and I went to the mall today. I'm standing in the common area looking into a store window trying to find her. I happen to be next to one of those cell phone retailers in the middle of the aisle, Kid working there asks if I have a cell phone. I tell him yes, and he says let me see it. I don't know why, but I showed it to him. He opens and sees that I have a gun as my background picture. He asks, what kind of gun is that? I say, "SIG" - he says, "what's that?" I tell him, "SIG SAUER." He's still drawing a blank. He then asks if it's mine, and I say, "no, it's my buddy's" (although it's mine and I had it on my hip under my sweatshirt) - just to try and end the conversation.

He then says, "I have a Desert Eagle." I roll my eyes at him, and he says, "it's a 50 caliber." I grabbed my cell phone and left. He couldn't have been 130 pounds wet. I think he'd been playing one too many video games, or listening to one too many rap songs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]
He didn't have a Airsoft Atlanta t-shirt on by chance?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That is more than Likely the case. Ignorance Prevails in most youth today, yes I am one so I would know.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So the wife and I went to the mall today. I'm standing in the common area looking into a store window trying to find her. I happen to be next to one of those cell phone retailers in the middle of the aisle, Kid working there asks if I have a cell phone. I tell him yes, and he says let me see it. I don't know why, but I showed it to him. He opens and sees that I have a gun as my background picture. He asks, what kind of gun is that? I say, "SIG" - he says, "what's that?" I tell him, "SIG SAUER." He's still drawing a blank. He then asks if it's mine, and I say, "no, it's my buddy's" (although it's mine and I had it on my hip under my sweatshirt) - just to try and end the conversation.

He then says, "I have a Desert Eagle." I roll my eyes at him, and he says, "it's a 50 caliber." I grabbed my cell phone and left. He couldn't have been 130 pounds wet. I think he'd been playing one too many video games, or listening to one too many rap songs.

Should have told him a Sig trumps a DE and see what he says.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I did tell him that a DE is junk just to get his reaction, and that's when he said, "it's a fifty caliber"
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Well then, I'm sorry I bothered you!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well then, I'm sorry I bothered you!

...haha...get back to selling those phones!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You should have told him.

A Sig NOW! beats a Desert eagle later!

And then draw down?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#10]
That's when you pull a penny out of your pocket and hand it to him.

"See the Lincoln Memorial on the back?"

"Duh....yup"

"Do you see the width of the spaces between the colunms?"

"Uhhhh.....OK....yup"

"Well thats almost how small a drop of  my give a shit really is."

"Huh?"

"Gimme back my penny"

Crocked again!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#11]
He owns a DE, (a pretty well known gun), but has never heard of Sig?
Sounds like someone went out and bought themselves a new toy after watching the Matrix one too many times so he could be just like Agent Smith.

Loser.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#12]
If he played one too many video games, he should have been calling it a "Deagle". Good thing you didn't mention AR-15's, he would have asked if they were really set up with ejection ports on both sides like in CounterStrike...idiots..
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I run into these ya-hoos all the time...snot nosed video game know it alls about guns.

you would be surprised at how many have no clue what the AR stands for or what they are.
all they know is sniper this and sniper that.
I wish there was mandatory gun education in schools.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I run into these ya-hoos all the time...snot nosed video game know it alls about guns.

you would be surprised at how many have no clue what the AR stands for or what they are.

What does AR stand for?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does AR stand for?

If you don't know and are HERE you need to be beaten with a wet sock filled with batteries.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does AR stand for?

If you don't know and are HERE you need to be beaten with a wet sock filled with batteries.

I know.  I just wanted to see if you did.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No shit.
I seem to have somehow wound up as part of Generation fucktard.
I swear, I'm going to punch the next fuckhead who calls an M203 a "nade launcher"
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does AR stand for?

I know.  I just wanted to see if you did.

Arab Reducer?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm pretty sure AR stands for Armalite, the first manufacturer of the pattern.  I, however, am only an egg in the gun world :)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Also, when I started playing FPS, I had been into guns for some time.  I was playing AA, and the first time someone asked me to give them the AR, I was all like "Moron, I have a SAW!".  In Americas Army, the sanctioned US Army video game, "AR" means.... "Assault Rifle".  I thought he was asking for an M16...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure AR stands for Armalite, the first manufacturer of the pattern.  I, however, am only an egg in the gun world :)

You sir, are correct.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You sir are...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I saw him and his buddy shooting it at the range near my work a couple months back.  They fired maybe 6 or 8 rounds between the two of 'em.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir are...
images.ncix.com/forumimages/2A799A28-E0C4-E986-79FF5D03100CCA72.jpg

That is not necessary.  He admits he is new to the AR world and there ARE those who THINK that they know it stands for something else.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

...snip...

[slight hijack] Why does the sock have to be wet [slight hijack]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...snip...

[slight hijack] Why does the sock have to be wet [slight hijack]

Hey, I don't mind the wet sock, it's those damn batteries that hurt.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
He didn't have a Airsoft Atlanta t-shirt on by chance?

You really seem to have a fondness for these things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top