Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2001 11:44:46 AM EDT
Im thinking about ordering one. How good are they. Any info appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My opinion doesn't count for much, but here it is anyways....

I thought about getting a 10/22 mag, but I couldn't figure out a way to justify the ammo cost increase when comparing the difference between the .22LR and .22Mag. You can't really do a whole lot more with the mag than you can do with the LR. Maybe if you were going to use it to hunt squirrels or other small animals and would feel better with the extra bit of help in making a clean kill I could see why you would prefer it. However, I just bought mine to shoot the piss out of and basically have a good cheap time with, so I got two more 10/22's instead of going with the mag.

Maybe some actual owners can shed some more light on the subject.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
the 10/22mag is a HUNTING GUN
dont spend $5 for 50rnds just to plink targets with, the 22lr is MUCH better and cheaper for that purpose.

check out the [url]www.varminthunters.com[/url]
a lot of the varmint hunter guys have the 22mag and you will get a lot more responses over there about it than here. but from what i hear its a good gun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one and like it very much.  As Ponyboy (go 5.0) and Saiga12 have said it is not my first choice for a plinker but is a great bird, squirrel, rabbit, and such gun.

My original trigger pull sucked but I bought a Power Custom hammer and sear kit fo it and now the pull is great.  Any aftermarket stuff for Ruger .22s can be had at [url]www.ontargetguns.com[/url] which has great prices and free shipping, the kit was 50 bucks (if I remember correct) and very easy to install.

If you are lookin for a hunter than go for it, if plinking is your game, get the regular 10/22.
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Have one for sale.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want a good 22mag autoloader you need to take a look at the BRNO ZKM 611,very nice little rifle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with others. The ammo is expensive for rimfire ammo.  Were I you, I would get a standard .22lr and a couple bricks of ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top