Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 10:05:50 PM EDT
Where Can I get Half-life 2 saved games? Are the even available for HF2?

Whenever I load up Half life 2 and I go click on Load game it freezes (I hear the clicking noise 10-15 times) then the monitor clicks and it goes back to normal windows, just like the game was shutdown. Any advice HIVE MIND?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If all else fails, get Garry's Mod and play the levels from within Garry's. Load times are longer, but you get a lot more freedom and if you just wanna play the game you can do that too. Not sure about the loading problem.

http://gmod.garry.tv
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
does it do the same thing when loading a new game? or when loading a mod (CS:S, DoD:S etc)?
It sounds like the game is crashing. Did you adjust graphics settigns recently?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
does it do the same thing when loading a new game? or when loading a mod (CS:S, DoD:S etc)?

Haven't adjusted the graphics at all. It crashes whenever I click on LOAD GAME. It works fine when starting a NEW game though....

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haven't adjusted the graphics at all. It crashes whenever I click on LOAD GAME. It works fine when starting a NEW game though....

thats really odd...
Anyway, path to save files (i think):

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\(user-name)\half-life 2\hl2\SAVE
Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#5]
tag. I finished the game without a hickup, fun game.
have you run scandisc? Sounds like you have a corrupt file.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top