Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:39:12 PM EDT
A guy I know is looking for an SP1 lower to go with a parts kit.  I dont exactly know where to look for somehting like that.

Any ideas?

Matt
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for answer
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
check gunbroker.

theres a few on there.

ETA: if he hopes to score one for $85-$100 bucks, he's in for a huge dissapointment.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
check gunbroker.

theres a few on there.

ETA: if he hopes to score one for $85-$100 bucks, he's in for a huge dissapointment.

Wow, neither of us really expected that they would be that expensive!  350-400 bucks for a lower!?

Jebus
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
check gunbroker.

theres a few on there.

Yep, gunbroker and auctionarms........still very expensive even since the assault weapon ban expired.  I guess since it has the Colt pony "collector value" stamped into it and all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought I remember ASA was saying that they were going to make some lowers that were even matched to the original SP1 finish pretty soon...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A guy I know is looking for an SP1 lower to go with a parts kit.  I dont exactly know where to look for somehting like that.

Any ideas?

Matt

What parts kit does he have? If it's one of the kits from CDNN or such then those are small hole M16/M16a1 kits, and not the (large hole) SP1 that they are advertised as. These would fit right on any of the current lower receivers.

Quoted:
I thought I remember ASA was saying that they were going to make some lowers that were even matched to the original SP1 finish pretty soon...

That project has been put on hold for a varitey of reasons.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I think he said he got it from Sarco?

I let him know that he could put it on a lower for under 100 bucks but it would look goofey with mismatched colors and all.

I seriously did not expect these to cost that damn much!  Especially when you can buy an SP1 upper for like 200 bucks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think he said he got it from Sarco?

I let him know that he could put it on a lower for under 100 bucks but it would look goofey with mismatched colors and all.

I seriously did not expect these to cost that damn much!  Especially when you can buy an SP1 upper for like 200 bucks!

Like I said, all your paying for is the "Colt pony" stamped into the lower......thats about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top