Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:48:47 AM EDT
If you pulled over someone for speeding or another traffic infraction and saw they had an "ARFCOM" sticker in their rear window, would you give them a break?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking "draw down"!!!

I mean with all the LEO HATE on this site!  Felony stop with back up coming Code 3!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Given the perceived LEO bashing on this site, do you REALLY think they would cut you a break?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Considering all the cop bashing on this site I would say your getting tasered........
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#5]
but what if you had a DU sticker prominently displayed on the rear of your vehicle?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you pulled over someone for speeding or another traffic infraction and saw they had an "ARFCOM" sticker in their rear window, would you give them a break?

If the Lord God himself is driving like an ass and endangering the public, he gets paper.

Window stickers mean nothing to a hardcore traffic cop.  After you put enough bodies in black bags and have to do next of kin notifications for a few years, everybody driving like an ass and ignoring safety laws gets paper.

Not a cop.  Spent more than a few hours in a patrol car.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
but what if you had a DU sticker prominently displayed on the rear of your vehicle?

Well....I keep an AT4 in the trunk just for these little situations.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#8]
No. The same as all of those other cop type stickers won't get you out of a ticket if you deserve a ticket.

Not to say I would not just give a verbal and send you on your way. Getting a ticket has more to do with what the severity of the infraction and your attitude.

BTW I generally gave 3 to 4 verbals for every ticket written.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Seems that 99% of the people on here think they could do my job better than I do, so I will give them an opportunity to come to court and prove to the judge that I was mistaken.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Fucking cops said they had probable cause to search my truck because
I had a "guns and ammo" magazine on the seat, along with ear muffs and
a zipped cammo duffle on the floor.

I think an ARFCOM sticker is an invitation to be searched.

Edit:  I should be fair and say that after they ran the serial numbers on all of the firearms
they discovered, and after I denied and denied and denied being a "gun runner" (their words)
they let me go with a verbal warning to get my LICENSE PLATE LIGHT fixed.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No. The same as all of those other cop type stickers won't get you out of a ticket if you deserve a ticket.

Not to say I would not just give a verbal and send you on your way. Getting a ticket has more to do with what the severity of the infraction and your attitude.

My question assumes it is a minor traffic infraction or speeding, but not excessive speeding or DWI etc...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you pulled over someone for speeding or another traffic infraction and saw they had an "ARFCOM" sticker in their rear window, would you give them a break? then your dog is toast!

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#14]
What if you have a dog in the backseat with an ARFCOM T-shirt?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Courts have ruled that any ARFCOM paraphenalia in or on a vehicle establishes probable cause that a crime of some kind is underway.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My question assumes it is a minor traffic infraction or speeding, but not excessive speeding or DWI etc...

This was the general we operated at my department and is in no reflect upon other departments:

Generally would not stop for going 10 miles over the posted speed limit. 10 to 15 over was usually a verbal/written warning. 15 to 20 written warning or a ticket. 20 and over you get paper for sure.

ETA: I would write without giving a warning ANYTIME I saw someone traveling with a child who was not in a proper restraint seat.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#17]
depends on your attitude.

BTW, most LEOs arent going to know what ARFCOM is anyways.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd give anyone on this site a break if displaying the AR15.com sticker on their vehicle with the exception of markm.

I'd give him 87 tickets
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What if you have a dog in the backseat with an ARFCOM T-shirt?

Sounds like a death sentence for the poor dog
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
depends on your attitude.

BTW, most LEOs arent going to know what ARFCOM is anyways.

That is why I asked arfcom LEO's and didn't put an ad in the Police Times.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I would cut them a break.

Then we'd shoot the breeze about guns.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

hardcore traffic cop.

He's one bad motherf*cker.  He be writ'in da tickets like dez going outta style, yo.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Fucking cops said they had probable cause to search my truck because
I had a "guns and ammo" magazine on the seat, along with ear muffs and
a zipped cammo duffle on the floor.

I think an ARFCOM sticker is an invitation to be searched.

Edit:  I should be fair and say that after they ran the serial numbers on all of the firearms
they discovered, and after I denied and denied and denied being a "gun runner" (their words)
they let me go with a verbal warning to get my LICENSE PLATE LIGHT fixed.

Real weak probable cause.  The logical assumption would be that you were enroute/coming from a range.  Sounds like you either had a rookie or a Robocop conduct a weak ass/lame/illegal search.  I wouldn't think gun runners would have ear muffs and a zipped cammo duffle on the floor.  According to movies, they transport guns in military crates in the back of semi-trucks.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I haven't written a citation in years, but if it was a MOD they would definitely get the ticket.

(If it was "Site Staff" they would get bent over the deck lid for a full body cavity search!)
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#25]
JBTs killed my dog, bitch bitch bitch.

If I were an LEO (hope to be next year) I'd make sure you got the ticket.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Depends on wich arfcom member it is.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Depends on wich arfcom member it is.  

What he said.  "Clean Cut" is somewhere in my area.

They'd get the same breaks that Military members or CHL holders would get.  My warnings to ticket ratio is somewhere around 5 to 1.

If he's a DWI or generally reckless asshat (roadrage) he's getting slammed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#29]
#1  Make sure your vehicle is in tip top shape
#2  Obey the law(s)
#3  99.9% chance you'll get from Point A to Point B wihout any problems from the LEO's
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Would you be tempted to write "Owned!" on the ticket?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I would think the LE would ticket you. Another gun nut!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top