Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 5:18:25 PM EDT
Anybody know where I can get a copy of a windows 98 i386 file online?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course he is.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL..... I am trying to install xp on a hd that used to run win98se. I dont actually think the i386 file is missing since I made this post, but rather the setup is pointing to E: instead of C: ...... either that or I am just a dumbass (which is probably the case.)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
try pointing it to c:\widows\options\cabs

Maybe you already have it and dont know it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:38:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
try pointing it to c:\widows\options\cabs

Maybe you already have it and dont know it.

Hmmm... Thats what I am thinking as well. The setup fails to an error screen. I can use shift+F10 to get to the command session but I do not know how to redirect the setup to the correct file path? I haven't attempted to actually look for the file itself in that particular folder, so I will try that at least. But that still leaves me with my junk in my hand if I can't redirect the path. At this point, I am considering a full mag dump into this POS during the next range trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top