Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 10:48:51 AM EDT
So I received a panini grill for x-mas, this year. OK so what is a panini sandwich? Are they any good?

Not knowing what a panini is (Maybe its a critter like assmonkey). And with this thing looking like  George Foreman grill on steroids. I descided to cook up a bit of the assmonkey I had left in the fridge. So I set the knob on top of the unit to incinerate, Waited till all the lights on to started flashing. I guess it was ready.. Then I carefully placed the well marinated assmonkey steak on the grill, and with a quick flick of the wrist closed the top with a satisfying sizzle!

The grill does a great job on assmonkey! Cooked it medium in 5 Min's!! Left awesome grill marks too!

But Id like to try one of these sammiches, if there any good.. Any of you had one? And is it gay/metro to own a panini grill? I can still grill animal flesh on it so it cant be all gay? Right?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
MP661k's shoot right through them.

It is basicly a sammich that is grilled.  Like roast beef and cheese and stuff, then after you make the sammich you grill the crap out of it until the bread is deeply toasted.

They are pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes they are good.  You must eat one right now!

I have my own Panini grill and all your Paninis are belongs to mcnielsen.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Make your sandwich as normal, then spray a bit of olive oil on the outside surfaces of the bread, throw on the grill and let it cook until you a set of grill marks. Basically, its the yuppie word for grill sandwich.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes they are good.  You must eat one right now!

I have my own Panini grill and all your Paninis are belongs to mcnielsen.

OK what the hell is in them?? Is it like a grill cheese sandwich? If it is I can use my clothes iron for that.. And skip this silly grill.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Do yourself a favor, and make up an assmonkey Reuben panini with sourdough bread. Brush the sides of the bread in contact with the grill with butter and garlic. You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do yourself a favor, and make up an assmonkey Reuben panini with sourdough bread. Brush the sides of the bread in contact with the grill with butter and garlic. You're welcome.

Assmonkey Reuben panini's are the cats ass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

MMMMMM Reuben!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

DO NOT GIVE HIM THE SECRET!!!!......................if he has to ask he can NEVER appreciate it!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Make your sandwich as normal, then spray a bit of olive oil on the outside surfaces of the bread, throw on the grill and let it cook until you a set of grill marks. Basically, its the ITALIAN word for grill sandwich.

Kharn

Fixed it fer ya.

efxguy
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#10]
How it is prepared will dictate whether it is any good or not.

Local deli panini= ick
Atlanta Bread Company panini=yum!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
paninin's are whatever you put in it. ham and cheese panini, rueben panini, lamb with feta panini, it''s a bread type like a falafel.

ETA: except you don't cut it open like a falafel.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
falafel.

Are those metric? An they are .308 cal right?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]
One thing I like about the panini is that it compresses the bread to about 1/2 normal thickness.  I think the press makes it easier to get a good grilled sandwich that has melted cheese, hot meat and toasted (but not burnt) bread.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Punani sammich? Oh the images in my head!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Panini???

(Oops, I thought this said "punani"...oh nevermind)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Never heard of it
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Panini???

(Oops, I thought this said "punani"...oh nevermind)

DOH!! I googled it!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#18]

What is a panini sandwich? And are they any good?  

There isn't anything worse then yuppies who have to rename their sandwiches in order to feel "special".

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

There isn't anything worse then yuppies who have to rename their sandwiches in order to feel "special".

Yup

panini , formerly known as grilled cheese

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup

Well crap.. Ill just put this grill away and continue using my steam iron. Like before!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well crap.. Ill just put this grill away and continue using my steam iron. Like before!

Sell it on E-bay to some sap.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sell it on E-bay to some sap.

Hey good idea! Maby I can pick up a used Tacpoint for my Safari gun Im building!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Paninis are the shnizzel!

Try out some recipes!  My favorite is a smoked turkey with provalone cheese, sliced tomatoes and cooked, slightly candied thinly sliced onions with some mayo, all on sourdough Phrench bread with a bit of butter spread on it before putting it on the grill.

Tons of others...try them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top