Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:13:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#1]

The Austrian firm Steyr-Mannlicher, which makes high-quality assault weapons, also is being sanctioned.

for selling Iran weapons because the US maket isn't open to them.

Remember!  The US supports terrorism because Steyr offered to stop sales to Iran if we would open OUR markets or their weapons.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Cant really blame Norinco for trying to make some $$$ Hell we did. Do they still have the Tomcats?(non running)
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#3]
They're already both on the ban lists by name anyway, why should they give a rats ass?
This could easily stop if Bush lifted the E.O.  I say let them do business here and Iran will get leftovers at best.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The Austrian firm Steyr-Mannlicher, which makes high-quality assault weapons, also is being sanctioned.

Remember!  The US supports terrorism because Steyr offered to stop sales to Iran if we would open OUR markets or their weapons.

Yep the powers that be decided they would rather have Seyr AUG's in the hands of Islamo-Fascists instead of law abiding americans
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I say let them do business here and Iran will get leftovers at best.

This is EXACTLY what steyr said.  Drop the EO and we'll sell NOTHING to Iran.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Wish we could still get Norinco 5.56 ammo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it's funny that the US government imposes sanctions against Norinco, but not the rest of China. Instead they award them with "preferred trade/most favored nation" status.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:30:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They're already both on the ban lists by name anyway, why should they give a rats ass?
This could easily stop if Bush lifted the E.O.  I say let them do business here and Iran will get leftovers at best.

Hmm, the problem is Congress codified the EO with 922r.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then this law needs to be repealed to fight the war on terror!

"The Homeland Market Defense bill"
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

that was some of the lowest quality 5.56 ammo I ever used

split cases, bullets so loose you could twist it with your fingers, blown primers,  inconsistant ammo
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

split cases, bullets so loose you could twist it with your fingers, blown primers,  inconsistant ammo

I had good luck with it. A little dirty but never any problems. Probably shot about 5-6k.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It complicates it slightly but doesn't give it more teeth.  Just compels domestic manufacture.

The ban operates on two axis:  It both prohibits the importation of certain named firearms, as well as the assembly of similarly featured guns using imported parts, i.e. the conversion of a "post-ban" gun to one with "pre-ban" features.  Specifically, a semiautomatic rifle of a type prohibited from importation, may not be legally assembled if it uses more than ten imported parts of a list of twenty enumerated in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 178.39 (the regulatory amplification of Title 18 US Code Sections 922r and 922(d)(3)).  
This list of imported parts includes:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings  (11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Butt stocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, hand guards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Magazine Followers
(20) Magazine Floor plates  

Receiver Blanks/Tubes and 80% completed.

The receiver of a firearm is the piece that has serial number stamped on it and has the other components ie: (barrel, trigger assembly, and stock) mounted to it. This item when completed may only be transferred between FFL holders or on a form 4473 to a customer. If a tube or receiver is only 80% complete or less it may be purchased and transferred to any one. If you intend to complete a receiver blank or tube to assemble a firearm you must first file proper paperwork with the BATF. If this is not your cup of tea then purchase one of the fine completed receivers available on the market. Only a specially licensed firearms manufacture may build a machine gun from a blank or modify a semi-auto receiver to full auto!

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only problem I remember with it was gigantic flash...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think it's funny that the US government imposes sanctions against Norinco, but not the rest of China. Instead they award them with "preferred trade/most favored nation" status.

Exactly! In way I think it was for the best that Chinese arms were banned from import. The problem is that everything else wasn't banned at the same time. Chinese industry is doing to all other American companies what their arms industry would've done to Remington and Winchester if they had been given enough time to worm their way into the market. They wouldn't have stuck to AK and M14 copies for long- they would've gone after the hunting rifle and shotgun market like gangbusters. Domestic arms makers suffered almost as bad under the Clinton administration, but for entirely different reasons.

Galland
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It complicates it slightly but doesn't give it more teeth.  Just compels domestic manufacture.

The ban operates on two axis:  It both prohibits the importation of certain named firearms, as well as the assembly of similarly featured guns using imported parts, i.e. the conversion of a "post-ban" gun to one with "pre-ban" features.  Specifically, a semiautomatic rifle of a type prohibited from importation, may not be legally assembled if it uses more than ten imported parts of a list of twenty enumerated in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 178.39 (the regulatory amplification of Title 18 US Code Sections 922r and 922(d)(3)).  
This list of imported parts includes:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings  (11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Butt stocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, hand guards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Magazine Followers
(20) Magazine Floor plates  

Receiver Blanks/Tubes and 80% completed.

The receiver of a firearm is the piece that has serial number stamped on it and has the other components ie: (barrel, trigger assembly, and stock) mounted to it. This item when completed may only be transferred between FFL holders or on a form 4473 to a customer. If a tube or receiver is only 80% complete or less it may be purchased and transferred to any one. If you intend to complete a receiver blank or tube to assemble a firearm you must first file proper paperwork with the BATF. If this is not your cup of tea then purchase one of the fine completed receivers available on the market. Only a specially licensed firearms manufacture may build a machine gun from a blank or modify a semi-auto receiver to full auto!

Now post the text of the EO.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep the powers that be decided they would rather have Seyr AUG's in the hands of Islamo-Fascists instead of law abiding americans

The way I heard the story is that it was 50 caliber rifles that they wanted to sell in the US but had to sell to Iran because US State Dept said no way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top