Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:26:07 PM EDT
My son's Sig 552 Airsoft rifle and 3 magazines are missing from it usual spot in our garage. Not only is the Sig missing but so is his old Crossman Airsoft M4. The M4 was busted but we kept it since my 4 year old liked to play with it. I can find no other explination for what happened to them other than that they were stolen.

So here is a question do I report this "possible/probable" theft to the local PD. Mostly so that if I see someone in the neighborhood with either gun we can claim it as ours. Both have relatively unique features. the M4 I made multiple internal repairs with epoxy and the charging handle is broken off. The Sig had a week point where the pistol grip attached and I had to repair that with epoxy. Since the Sig is see through plastic the grip repair stands out. Also my son made his own carry sling for the Sig.

I'm not expecting this to get investigated.  I don't want to create usless paper work for the local PD, and I don't want to look like a fool reporting a stolen toy.

It just pissed me off that someone came into my garage and stole something and if we see it on the street I want to get it back just on principle, without getting into trouble myself.

What really pisses me off is that we found these missing today Christmas Day. After I had given my son a Arisoft pistol and a vest to cary it with extra magazines as well as an extra Sig Mag. I sent him out to the garage to get his three Sig mags to load up the vest and we found them and the two guns gone. He was so excited about his new setup and the fun he was going to have in the neighborhood airsoft battles.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
They didnt do a thing here about a stolen car, dont expect them to do anything there either
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd report it.  If any thing the theft is on paper.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck, you'll need it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Report it!! If it gets used in a crime, you may be blamed! Give the popo's something to do on Christmas night other than shoot peoples pets!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd report it.  If any thing the theft is on paper.

+1

The cops won't do any active investigation, but if later they bust a neighbor kid with a couple of airsoft guns you may get them back.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Report it and build a case history in case it turns up
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Report it and build a case history in case it turns up

+1

I don't want to create usless paper work for the local PD, and I don't want to look like a fool reporting a stolen toy.

No such thing. You might get a chuckle out of the reporting officer if he's not familiar with airsoft, until you explain that they are full-size replicas and might get the wielder justifiably
capped.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#8]
1, It is not a rifle...

2. Report it for the record.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Report it.

Stolen property is STOLEN PROPERTY!

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd report it (since it was probably a couple of hundred bucks right?) but more than likely it will show up in the possession of one of the neighborhood kids.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My son's Sig 552 Airsoft rifle and 3 magazines are missing from it usual spot in our garage. Not only is the Sig missing but so is his old Crossman Airsoft M4. The M4 was busted but we kept it since my 4 year old liked to play with it. I can find no other explination for what happened to them other than that they were stolen.

So here is a question do I report this "possible/probable" theft to the local PD. Mostly so that if I see someone in the neighborhood with either gun we can claim it as ours. Both have relatively unique features. the M4 I made multiple internal repairs with epoxy and the charging handle is broken off. The Sig had a week point where the pistol grip attached and I had to repair that with epoxy. Since the Sig is see through plastic the grip repair stands out. Also my son made his own carry sling for the Sig.

I'm not expecting this to get investigated.  I don't want to create usless paper work for the local PD, and I don't want to look like a fool reporting a stolen toy.

It just pissed me off that someone came into my garage and stole something and if we see it on the street I want to get it back just on principle, without getting into trouble myself.

What really pisses me off is that we found these missing today Christmas Day. After I had given my son a Arisoft pistol and a vest to cary it with extra magazines as well as an extra Sig Mag. I sent him out to the garage to get his three Sig mags to load up the vest and we found them and the two guns gone. He was so excited about his new setup and the fun he was going to have in the neighborhood airsoft battles.

Did they have those orange things on the muzzle?  If not I'd be willing to bet whoever stole them thinks they're real rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top