Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 6:00:06 PM EDT
My dad went all out. He got Me, My Mother, and My Brother all identical
S&W .40 SIGMA series Pistols. Pretty much like the Glock only cheaper.

I know its not top line, but pretty cool for the old man to get them for us. And several boxes of hollowpoints too.

OD Green Polymer Frames,

Model: SW40GVE
Caliber: .40S&W
Capacity: 10+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 4"
Front Sight: Dot Front Sight
Rear Sight: Fixed
Firing System: Striker
Grip: Plastic Grip
External Safety: N/A
Frame: Large
Finish: Two-Tone
Overall Length: 7 1/4"
Material: Polymer
Weight Empty: 24.4 oz.

So im not complaining, I just have to get up and go fire a few mags and see whats up with it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that is pretty cool.  The reviews on these new Smiths are very good, they have improved the line a whole bunch.  I would take one and shoot it for sure!

patsue
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep it till the day you die.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Keep it till the day you die.

Yep, it has now become the one gun you will never part with.  Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to have one, and liked it a lot.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I did finally get out and and shot a couple of mags through it. Its pretty sweet, but its no target pistol.  Im fairly accurate at 25 yds but im getting probably 6-8" grouping, which is probably more my fault until i feel more comfortable with it. It would definately be adequate for defense purposes.

Right now its still petty heavy on trigger pull and i equate part of that to the groups.

But I think that its madatory that these guns were to have a higher trigger pull since they have the lack of a traditional safety, so to speak other than the double stage trigger.
(i guess thats how its described)

My understanding is that this will smooth out with time after a couple of hundred rounds through it.

So My only question is, Whats a good place to get cheap .40 cal ammo to plink with?

Guess Ill look at ammoman first. But any other reccomendations are appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet, I got one almost  just like it.  14+1 capacity though.  Still waiting on it to come in though :(
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you qualified to handle it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#8]
They are "Pretty much like a Glock only cheaper" for a reason.

If you are a little better next year maybe Santa will bring you a .45 acp!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are you qualified to handle it?

Im the only one in the family who isnt a CCW holder, I didnt like the idea of finger printing... MOM, Dad, Brother, all are.

But Im going to give in this year, I had decide already to acquire a suppressor and get my CCW so I guess ill get the ball rolling on that.

But yeah, Me thinks me can handle this one! It has a good feel to it.  
Kinda makes the 9mm seem weak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top