Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 6:58:22 AM EDT
Lately I have been having trouble accessing one site via Internet explorer. Every time I try to access it I get the message, ("page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.") This is really weird only because I can access the website I am looking for www.floridashootersnetwork.com via my AOL browser every time. I also have 3 computers in my home (not networked but all connecting from the same router) and I get the same page cannot be displayed on all of them trying to get on FSN via internet explorer? I tried placing the web address in my trusted sites section in security but still no luck. This is the only site I have this problem with, all other internet sites including other gun boards come up instantly. Does anyone have an idea what's going on here?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
get opera or firefox
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#2]
what are those programs?

ETA: Googled it, and found out. Thanks but I am not really looking for a new browser. I have no problems with IE, I just can't seem to access  this site on it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]
they are web browsers that dont suck
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what are those programs?

ETA: Googled it, and found out. Thanks but I am not really looking for a new browser. I have no problems with IE, I just can't seem to acess this site on it.

Sorry, I don't use IE - too much of a security threat.

But the smart thing to do would be to download Firefox or Opera and see if you have the same problem with them.  That way you know if the problem is a setting in your IE browser or something else on your machine (such as hosts file)
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#6]
IMO, could be a couple of this and it may have nothing to do with IE.   I would try a trace route the site you're having trouble with to see if there is a time out on any of the 'hops' the request takes on the different servers between your PC and the site itself. If it makes it all the way there, I'd suspect a browser issue. If not, you may want to contact your ISP with the information to see if the is a routing issue and see if they can contact the hosting company where the request times out. They can also help determine if it's a reverse DNS issue. You can try looking into this as well by typing in the actual IP address( if you know it) of the site you're trying to reach in your address bar..if it displays the page, something in the browser or the site itself is unable to resolve the "names" of the page with the IP ( what the "real" name of the page on the internet is) or you could have multiple winsock files on your PC that are cuasing a conflict.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]
The IP on that website is: 209.239.58.119

Type that into IE, see if you get there.  If you do, you've got a DNS issue.  

Near as I can tell, they've got Ping turned off though, so no surprise if you don't get a response that way.  Traceroute will also be affected.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
opera/firefox have as many security issues as exploder. the difference is people don't exploit them due to the small marketshare it has.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

No.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#11]
ccleaner

+1 on a different i use opera, firefox, and netscape.  its just depends on my mood
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#12]

It has nothing to do with your browser or spyware or anything else.

Leave off the WWW and it will work. The ball is in their court to fix their 'resolver' issues through DNS Bind. It's either them or the ISP they have that's screwed the pooch. In the meantime, just leave off the WWW and send them an email to unscrew themselves (they can also do it on their server via their /etc/hosts file). Their admin will know what that means.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]
OK I tried to use 209.239.58.119 to log in as well as dropping the WWW and I am still getting the same page not found. Again this is only happening on my computers at my house. I have successfully log into this site from friends houses, work, ect. I am not sure where to go from here. Should I give my ISP a call and ask what's up?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#14]
You might want to check your hosts file.  You can open it in Notepad.  It should be located at:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

In there you might find a whole bunch of stuff if some spyware oe trojan program has hijacked it for its own nefarious purposes.  Search for floridashootersnetwork and see if it exists in there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#15]
>opera/firefox have as many security issues as exploder

Ahhh, nope.  

I suppose the next thing I will here is
that OS-X or Linux are just as insecure are Windows..........................

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top