Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:47:51 AM EDT
It's time to set up the Festivus Pole and engage in the traditional Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
"Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Festivus? What, is TV Land having a marathon of Gunsmoke today and I missed the memo? Damnit, I hate when they have Festus Festivals and fail to inform me!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Festivus Miracle...Black Christmas, err, Black Santa Claus actually.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:58:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Merry Christmas to all!

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#5]
From wikipedia:

Festivus is a nondenominational holiday featured in an episode of Seinfeld, a popular American television sitcom of the 1990s. The holiday was a plot device in episode number 166 of the show, entitled "The Strike", which first aired on December 18, 1997. Many people, influenced or inspired by Seinfeld, now celebrate the holiday, in varying degrees of seriousness. Some do it religously, others do it in good tidings in their respect to Seinfeld.

According to Seinfeld, Festivus is celebrated each year on December 23, but many people celebrate it other times, often in early December. Its slogan is "A Festivus for the rest of us!" An aluminum pole is generally used in lieu of a Christmas tree or other holiday decoration. Those attending participate in the "Airing of Grievances" which is an opportunity for all to vent their hostilities toward each other, and after a Festivus dinner, The Feats of Strength are performed. Traditionally, Festivus is not over until the head of the household is wrestled to the floor and "pinned." Originally a Scandinavian holiday celebrating the day before the "Present" and the "Future" filled with hope. A day to be honored much in the way "Fat Tuesday" is at the beginning of the Christian Lenten Season.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I'VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#8]
In honor of Festivus, a donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund.

The Human Fund - Money For People
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'VE GOT A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

I see that the airing of grievances has begun already....

- CD
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]
And now for the feats of strength!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#11]
got mine
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top