User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:23:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The Japanese village people???
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
From the looks of those guys it should say Semen Ship. They are powerful gay.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Don't you mean virrage people?  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow. Just Wow.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#5]

FUGGIN A!  I've been looking for this damn video.  I lost the link a long time ago.  It's one of the funniest things on the web.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Japan has a real Navy?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Japan has a real Navy?

Larger surface fleet than Russia.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Ah so Mamasan. I've joined Navy and I'm off to save Japan from Godzilla.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Something for Hard Gay to take a crack at....scary.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, when your country consists of thousands of islands you tend to put an emphasis on sea power.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Soooo, if that's what their surface guys get up to in their spare time, just how deranged are their sub crews?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#14]
This is legit or a joke?  If it is legit thier must be something of the culture that does not translate into traditions and Martial Arts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#15]
This is legit if the copyright info on the bottom is real.  JMSDF = Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force.

I think something was lost in the translation, putting the space in between "seaman" and "ship".....???

We should have made them burn every single damn one of those battle flags too and banned them from future use!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#16]
"I'm so ronry, so ronry."
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#17]
BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#18]

FUGGIN A! I've been looking for this damn video. I lost the link a long time ago. It's one of the funniest things on the web.
Are you sure that's for recruiting or a sake-fueled prank? Where can I get a downloadable .mpg version of this?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#19]
It is a real recruiting video.
It is hosted at the Japan Defence Agency (http://www.jda.go.jp/)

Translated, it goes as
"Seaman ship x10......... We love Japan, we love peace, the Japan maritime self defence force"
According to that page, that video was shown for a month on a giant screen above Shibuya station.
They were trying to take a more "we are nice and friendly" approach with recruiting.

They have another video clip here..
I have no idea what the page desiner was thinking to have put these two on the same page.
Now its gay and also macho
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted: They have another video clip here.. I have no idea what the page desiner was thinking to have put these two on the same page. Now its gay and also macho
The second one is good, but yeah, that top one is so ghey!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This is legit if the copyright info on the bottom is real.  JMSDF = Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force.

I think something was lost in the translation, putting the space in between "seaman" and "ship".....???

We should have made them burn every single damn one of those battle flags too and banned them from future use!

Yeah, no shit.  That flag has got to go.  The only place it should be seen is painted multiple times on the sides of US warships/planes.

Funny story:  My dad was on the USS Hornet in the late 60's.  They pulled into Japan for an upkeep.  Just happens that the Hornet had the "kill board" prominently displayed in the hanger deck.  They covered it up out of fear of offending the Japanese shipyard workers.    I've seen it in person.  The ship is a museum in Alameda.  Covered from top to bottom in "rising sun" flags.  

Fact:  The USS Hornet was commisioned in 1943.  From that point, she did not return to port until the end of the war.  Two years at sea.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Numbah hava no.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.jda.go.jp/JMSDF/info/event/cm_p/16cm.html

You can (probably) download the actual SWF file by clicking on this link:
www.jda.go.jp/JMSDF/info/event/cm_p/cm.swf

You might have to do it from the same page that you opened the webpage in, if their site checks to make sure you're not trying to steal it.  Or you might have to do it from a browser that doesn't have Flash installed, so that you can get the "save as..." dialog instead of whatever Flash gives you when you right-click.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no shit.  That flag has got to go.  The only place it should be seen is painted multiple times on the sides of US warships/planes.

Funny story:  My dad was on the USS Hornet in the late 60's.  They pulled into Japan for an upkeep.  Just happens that the Hornet had the "kill board" prominently displayed in the hanger deck.  They covered it up out of fear of offending the Japanese shipyard workers.    I've seen it in person.  The ship is a museum in Alameda.  Covered from top to bottom in "rising sun" flags.  

Fact:  The USS Hornet was commisioned in 1943.  From that point, she did not return to port until the end of the war.  Two years at sea.

I don't give a shit about the rising sun flag.  I sailed alongside the JMSDF many times and never gave their ensign a second thought.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted: They have another video clip here.. I have no idea what the page desiner was thinking to have put these two on the same page. Now its gay and also macho

The JMSDF kicks serious ass.  They know their shit, and I believe they would be as formidable in a fight as their WW2 predecessors.  It's a good thing they are now on our side.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
looks like they're doing the "Spiderman is gay" dance.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you mean virrage people?  

・ビラージュ・ピープル・, I think it would be.

Clearly you guys haven't heard of Hard Gay Razor Ramon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...snip...

・ビラージュ・ピープル・, I think it would be.

Clearly you guys haven't heard of Hard Gay Razor Ramon.

Actually, it is ヴィレッジ ピープル, and yes, I have heard/seen Hard Gay

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#29]

YVAN EHT NIOJ
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The JMSDF kicks serious ass.  They know their shit, and I believe they would be as formidable in a fight as their WW2 predecessors.  It's a good thing they are now on our side.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
www.kidzworld.com/img/upload/article/a341i0_ec.jpg

YVAN EHT NIOJ

Hahaha, The Bloodhound Gang did that song on their new cd.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#32]
So has anyone forwarded this to Navy personnel who are/were stationed in Japan? What do they think?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I am presently working on a contract in Japan and showed this to my Japanese co-workers here.
Most of them knew of it.
It turns out that all of the dancers were active Japan Maritime Self Defence Force members at the time when the commercial was made.
The daytime TV shows took this up and made laughing stock of them
Pity, they could have done coast to coast tours
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top