User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:16:52 AM EDT
www.channelcincinnati.com/news/5594421/detail.html

Authorities Investigate Explosion At Local Mosque
No Injuries Reported

POSTED: 5:04 am EST December 21, 2005
UPDATED: 6:06 am EST December 21, 2005

CINCINNATI -- Local and federal officials are investigating an explosion at a local mosque.

Neighbors up to five blocks away from the Islamic Association of Cincinnati in Clifton heard the explosion just after 10 p.m. Tuesday. Officials said the blast may have come from a pipe bomb.

News 5's Jonathan Hawgood said the blast damaged a door at a home that used to house the mosque before the larger main building was completed.

No injuries were reported. Services at the mosque had ended a couple of hours before the explosion.

Agents from the FBI and Department of Homeland Security spent much of Wednesday morning at the scene.

Security was stepped up at the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati in West Chester, but no threats were reported.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#2]
not really enough info. remember them black church burnings a few years back? turned out a bunch of them were started by blacks to get in on the "whitey out to get us" frenzy. the fact that these occur in the dead of night when no one is around and cause a minimum amount of damage makes it suspect.

same with racist graffitti; more and more of it seems to be done by the supposed victim.

now, bomb the mosque during afternoon prayer when it's jammed full of rop-ers and level it, THEN come to me talking about retaliation...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:37:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe exploded during assembly?? Maybe not a pipebomb. Probably not get the full story either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:38:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Suicide bomber did not pay attention in bomb making class?

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Ain't war a bitch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Bet it was dry ice + water in a 1 liter plastic bottle.

Happened here @ GA Tech.

We had a "suspicious package" near our building yesterday morning here in Da ATL, yo!

They closed down the streets, had a Cobra gunship flying around, bomb squad, Po Po, the works.

They saw wires in the package, blew it up onsite.

Surprise, no bomb.  

It was someone's cell phone charger.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Certainly hope it wasn't some ignorant hicks bombing a church full of innocents in retaliation for something that has nothing to do with those people.

Course on the other hand, everything seems to happen for a reason and maybe there were some guilty parties that caught some shrapnel in the eye....

Either way, I don't blame every mosque and all of Islam for terrorists mis-using Islam to further their own agenda.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Happened here @ GA Tech.

We had a "suspicious package" near our building yesterday morning here in Da ATL, yo!

They closed down the streets, had a Cobra gunship flying around, bomb squad, Po Po, the works.

Surprise, no bomb.  

Let me guess.....UPS left it on the steps.....

Do you remember a few years back in Rome, GA when they had a bomb scare at their post office?  Closed down the post office/courthouse and several blocks.  Called the bomb squad with the robot out of ATL.  Turned out that some one bought a remote control car off E-bay and the seller/shipper forgot to take the batteries out.  The shaking turned it on and it was humming/buzzing/making noise so the postal workers freaked.  Was about the time of the anthrax scares...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:56:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Happened here @ GA Tech.

Surprise, no bomb.  

Let me guess.....UPS left it on the steps.....

Do you remember a few years back in Rome, GA when they had a bomb scare at their post office?  Closed down the post office/courthouse and several blocks.  Called the bomb squad with the robot out of ATL.  Turned out that some one bought a remote control car off E-bay and the seller/shipper forgot to take the batteries out.  The shaking turned it on and it was humming/buzzing/making noise so the postal workers freaked.  Was about the time of the anthrax scares...

The story I read about Da ATL, yo! incident was that a resident of The Windsor, condo next door to us, had left a bag on the sidewalk with his cell phone charger inside.  

or take your pick.

I recall the Rome, GA incident, knew it was a buncha BS.  I remember seeing it on TV, had a Da ATL, yo! news chopper flying over the Post Office and everything.....drama, drama...

ETA:  Back on topic, have they blamed Filthy Americans for this act yet?  

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.channelcincinnati.com/news/5594421/detail.html

Authorities Investigate Explosion At Local Mosque
No Injuries Reported

POSTED: 5:04 am EST December 21, 2005
UPDATED: 6:06 am EST December 21, 2005

CINCINNATI -- Local and federal officials are investigating an explosion at a local mosque.

Neighbors up to five blocks away from the Islamic Association of Cincinnati in Clifton heard the explosion just after 10 p.m. Tuesday. Officials said the blast may have come from a pipe bomb.

News 5's Jonathan Hawgood said the blast damaged a door at a home that used to house the mosque before the larger main building was completed.

No injuries were reported. Services at the mosque had ended a couple of hours before the explosion.

Agents from the FBI and Department of Homeland Security spent much of Wednesday morning at the scene.

Security was stepped up at the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati in West Chester, but no threats were reported.

Maybe it was the members of the mosque accidentally setting off a 'Christmas present' a little too early.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:14:13 AM EDT
[#13]
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to drive down I-75 to Cinci and see that huge terrorist funding center mosque turned into a smoking hole in the ground.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:19:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to drive down I-75 to Cinci and see that huge terrorist funding center mosque turned into a smoking hole in the ground.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Are you referring to that mosque south of Toledo, in Northwood, east side of I75? If so, that thig is HUGE.

My guess on the explosion is a premature detonation. I suspect them first, unlike the press. Time will tell though.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Certainly hope it wasn't some ignorant hicks bombing a church full of innocents in retaliation for something that has nothing to do with those people.

Course on the other hand, everything seems to happen for a reason and maybe there were some guilty parties that caught some shrapnel in the eye....

Either way, I don't blame every mosque and all of Islam for terrorists mis-using Islam to further their own agenda.

- rem

Not payin' real close attention, are you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- rem

Nope, not at all.....
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

- rem

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- rem

Nope, not at all.....

I think 'hicks' live in the south.

Maybe you have them confused with "ignorant yankees".  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:54:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

- rem

It's just wonderful how warm hearted and full of caring that you are.....

Full of caring and sharing and wonderful goodness.....

You should write greeting cards that talk about how you don't blame every mosque because of a few "bad apples".
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I had NO idea that the Feds let Rebel Gray have internet privileges from prison???!!!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:03:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think 'hicks' live in the south.

Maybe you have them confused with "ignorant yankees".  

We call 'em hicks up here. We had some young hicks burn down a Sikh temple, called "Gobin Saden" or something like that, they thought it said "Go Bin Laden"

The Sikhs were pretty cool about it, more than I would have been if I were in their shoes.

Well, this may come as a surprise, but Sikhs have some history with Muslims, and it is not a happy one.  Basically, their saints got that way from being martyred by Muslims for refusing to submit to Allah.  So after 9/11, I am sure the Sikhs understood why the hick kids were sore at the ROP.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:38:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
sounds like a small pipe bomb tossed on the front porch. most likely idiot teenagers.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top