Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 9:12:19 AM EDT
I want to bump off my SKS (in the burbs) for new years and 4th of july. You can hear gunshots at midnight on new years and I'm pretty sure most of the morons are using real bullets. I'd like to bump off some blanks, but can't find anyone who sells them. I'd also like to know if they will cycle the bolt on an SKS or is there not enough backpressure for that?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
not sure where to get the blanks nowadays, however you will need some type of blank firing adapter to cycle or an old trick ive used in the past is to remove the flash hider and insert a washer - you will need to try diffrent size washers until you get adequate back pressure to cycle.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I usually buy them at gun shows but have seen the blanks sometimes offered in Shotgun news.

I try and stock up when I can on them. I think I have a couple hundred of those and .223 (or 5.56) as well for the same reason you mention. I have a screw on blank adaptor for my ak and ar both. (again bought at gunshows...they are your friend).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
from personal experience, i can tell you that you will need a bfa.

man, went to all my ak/sks guys and couldn't find a single one carrying the issue bfa!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Blanks without a blank fireing adapter will generally fire once, then, you'll have to
charge the weapon to fire it again.

You can get some types of blanks from ammoman.com.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#5]
www.dansammo.com had some 500rd cases a while back, not sure but they might be out of stock right now.

There are plenty of AK blank firing devices around, recall the east german magazine pouches sold a few years ago had a pocket inside for a BFA.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
[old salt]Back in the day, we'd take a fired round, cut the bottom (rim) off it, grfile 'er down nice 'n' smooth, and punch out the fired primer. Then we'd take off the flash hider, drop the case bottom in there, and crank 'er down agin. Leaves just enough of a hole for some flash, but keeps enough gas to cyle the action.

Course, ya better remember to take it out before you put any live ammo in 'er..." [/old salt]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top