Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 11:36:30 AM EDT
I have written up the following and plan on mass printing them and keeping a stack in my truck so that I can place them under peoples windshield wiper when they are stupid.

UPDATE..REVISED SIX POSTS BELOW

Here is the text for your grammar nazi-ing or suggestions for changes.

How to park a vehicle in between two lines.

Hi.  Do to your inability to perform this act, you have been selected for a quick and simple lesson on how to place an object between two lines.  

CORRECT:

Marginally Correct:
Technically you are between the lines, congratulations, a great accomplishment for a 6 year old with a coloring book. However, you have made it almost impossible to park next to you.  If that was your intention, then you are an ass.  If not your intention, please try to have a slight consideration for others around you.

INCORRECT!
You are either mentally challenged to the point that I must ask why you are operating a vehicle in the first place.  Or you are such an inconsiderate prick that you should be removed from the gene pool to avoid complicating the rest of societies lives for generations to come.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
in the first line it should be "due to" not "do to"

ETA: Changes are in blue. Also when you have a final draft, I would like a copy

Hi. Due to your inability to perform this act, you have been selected for a quick and simple lesson on how to place an object between two lines.

CORRECT:

Marginally Correct:
Technically you are between the lines, congratulations, this is a great accomplishment for a 6 year old with a coloring book. However, you have made it almost impossible to park next to you. If that was your intention, then you are an ass. If that was not your intention, please try to have some consideration for others around you.

INCORRECT!
You are either mentally challenged to the point that I must ask why you are operating a vehicle in the first place, or you are such an inconsiderate prick that you should be removed from the gene pool to avoid complicating the rest of societies lives for generations to come.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have written up the following and plan on mass printing them and keeping a stack in my truck so that I can place them under peoples windshield wiper when they are stupid.

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/Icons/Learn_2_park.jpg

Here is the text for your grammer nazi-ing or suggestions for changes.

Hi.  Due to your inability to perform this act, you have been selected for a quick and simple lesson on how to place an object between two lines.  

CORRECT:

Marginally Correct:
Technically you are between the lines, congratulations, a great accomplishment for a 6 year old with a coloring book. However, you have made it almost impossible to park next to you.  If that was your intention, then you are an ass.  If not your intention, please try to have a slight consideration for others around you.

INCORRECT!
You are either mentally challenged to the point that I must ask why you are operating a vehicle in the first place, or you are such an inconsiderate fucking asshole that you should be removed from the gene pool to avoid complicating the rest of societies lives for generations to come.

In either case, would you be so kind as to leave me a prybar or a can opener so I can get into my own car?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#3]
It was also suggested by a co-worker that I put in:   If you screw like you park, you will never get it in.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#4]
It is grammar, NOT grammer.

Jeez.
This is Grammer.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
How to park a vehicle in *I would omit the "in"* between two lines.

Hi.  Due to your inability to perform this act, you have been selected for a quick and simple lesson on how to place an object between two lines.  

CORRECT:

Marginally Correct:
Technically you are between the lines.  Congratulations!   This is *I would change this* a great accomplishment for a six *I would spell out the number.  It looks more professional* year old with a coloring book. However, you have made it almost impossible for someone *I would add this* to park next to you.  If that was your intention, then you are an ass.  If not your intention *I would either omit this or change it to "if that was not your intention"*, please try to have a slight consideration for others around you.

INCORRECT!
You are either mentally challenged to the point that I must ask why you are operating a vehicle in the first place, or  *the construction of the previous sentance demands a comma* you are such an inconsiderate prick that you should be removed from the gene pool to avoid complicating the rest of society's *because this is a posessive word, it needs an apostrophe* lives for generations to come.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
REVISED!!

How to park a vehicle between two lines.

CORRECT:

Marginally Correct:
Technically you are between the lines.  Congratulations!  This is a great accomplishment for a six year old with a coloring book. However, you have made it almost impossible for someone to park next to you. If that was your intention, then you are an ass. If not, please try to have some consideration for others around you.

INCORRECT!
You are either mentally challenged to the point that I must ask why you are operating a vehicle in the first place, or you are such an inconsiderate prick that you should be removed from the gene pool to avoid complicating the rest of society’s lives for generations to come.

Oh.  I most likely did not park next to you, so you are better off NOT committing a class 1 misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in prison and/or a $25,000 fine, by vandalizing the vehicle next to yours.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
REVISED!!

How to park a vehicle between two lines.

CORRECT:

Marginally Correct:
Technically you are between the lines.  Congratulations!  This is a great accomplishment for a six year old with a coloring book. However, you have made it almost impossible for someone to park next to you. If that was your intention, then you are an ass. If not, please try to have some consideration for others around you.

INCORRECT!
You are either mentally challenged to the point that I must ask why you are operating a vehicle in the first place, or you are such an inconsiderate prick that you should be removed from the gene pool to avoid complicating the rest of society’s lives for generations to come.

Oh.  I most likely did not park next to you, so you are better off NOT committing a class 1 misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in prison and/or a $25,000 fine, by vandalizing the vehicle next to yours.

I like that last bit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I like that last bit.

I figured it would be a good idea since this note will probably royaly piss off whoever gets it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
bump.  I want people to print their own and spread the word.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Forget it......people who do that kind of shit are too caught up in their own selfish little world and don't have the brain capacity or moral courage to admit to themselves or anyone else that they do or did anything wrong. They believe that the "rules" are for everyone else but them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Forget it......people who do that kind of shit are too caught up in their own selfish little world and don't have the brain capacity or moral courage to admit to themselves or anyone else that they do or did anything wrong. They believe that the "rules" are for everyone else but them.

Yeah.  But it will make me "feel" better that I probably pissed them off a bit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#12]
LoL this si great TAG for computer with printer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#13]
That is great. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I hate to be a wet blanket but I'd remove the removed from the gene pool bit.

I like the idea though. I'm thinking of ordering some of these:
www.prankplace.com/parking.htm?kbid=1103⊂=parking

Awsome!  I have seen fake ones before, but none of them looked as good as that one.  The fact that $100 fine is highly visable will really get them.

I like it!

Still going to keep and use my "instructions" sheets though as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I printed out 5 of these and put them in a folder in my car.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't advocate damage or anything, but someone who can't park probably is at a risk of losing their valve stem cores.  You should punch four holes in the paper so you can put their valve stem cores there for safe keeping.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't advocate damage or anything, but someone who can't park probably is at a risk of losing their valve stem cores.  You should punch four holes in the paper so you can put their valve stem cores there for safe keeping.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top