Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 3:53:59 PM EDT
HAHA!

I don't care how un-PC Michael Smith was.

He did it right.

It's also pretty damn funny he used "Jodie" for his name.

www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/12479774.htm%22KansasCityStar
Posted on Fri, Aug. 26, 2005

Jane Fonda was aim of outburst

Spitting by Vietnam vet dismissed

By CHRISTINE VENDEL
The Kansas City Star

A Kansas City municipal judge on Thursday dismissed a disorderly conduct case against a Vietnam veteran who spit tobacco juice on Jane Fonda’s face four months ago.

Police cited Michael Dean Smith, 54, of Gladstone after the April 19 incident at Unity Temple on the Plaza, where the actress was signing copies of her memoir.

Smith, who served as a Marine in Vietnam in 1970, said he was expressing his anger at Fonda for her actions opposing the war, particularly a 1972 visit to North Vietnam, where she was photographed at an anti-aircraft battery.

Once the judge dismissed the charge, it became a closed record, prohibiting prosecutors and court officials from commenting on why the case was thrown out. Smith’s attorney also declined to comment Thursday.

Smith said he had planned to plead guilty.

“I did it, and I was going to pay for it,” he said Thursday.

But at a court appearance last month, a judge “took the case under advisement” and told Smith he would dismiss the charge in one month if Smith stayed out of trouble.

Smith stood before the judge for less than a minute Thursday as the charge was dismissed. Smith then filled out paperwork to get his $100 bond back.

“It’s over and that’s that,” Smith said afterward.

One day after the incident, Fonda told police she didn’t want to press charges.

Police charged Smith anyway because an off-duty officer working at the event witnessed the disorderly conduct. The officer chased Smith outside and arrested him on the sidewalk.

The spitting tapped a vein of deep emotion across the country. News of the incident sparked national media coverage. The Star received hundreds of e-mails, with supporters outnumbering those who condemned Smith’s actions about 3 to 1.

Smith was one of 900 people at the April event organized by Rainy Day Books. He purchased Fonda’s book, stood in line about 90 minutes and presented her the copy. At book signings, Rainy Day has patrons write their names on sticky notes to give to the authors.

On Smith’s note, he wrote Jodie. Fonda looked up, smiled and asked, “Are you Jodie?”

Smith faced Fonda as she signed his book. He spat at her, spraying tobacco juice on the right side of her face, neck and blouse. He then jumped off the stage and ran.

Smith said Thursday he still had no regrets.

“I still feel it was the right thing to do,” he said. “If I didn’t think it was the right thing to do, I wouldn’t have done it.”

I have to credit SOF magazine for alerting me to this event - SOF, Jan 2006, Bulletin Board.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
She shouldn't be allowed to even carry on like this.  Book signings?  HELL NO.

She's a treason committing, war-criminal.  Fuck her.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!
But then again it would have been nice to see Hanoi jane put on the stand to defend her actions. I would love nothing more than to see all her vietnam sympathizer picts blasted on TV non-stop. Maybe that would have taught the bitch a lessonor two.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanna buy that Judge a bottle of his favorite liquor.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]
She should have been hanging from the gallows by now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Just kinda makes your heart glow, doesn't it?

HAHA!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just kinda makes your heart glow, doesn't it?

HAHA!

Yes, yes it does.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
"Jodie"?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Never forget this traitor.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]
This is her best picture.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad to hear there's still a few americans left with the intestinal fortitude to do that which is just and right. She's lucky to be wasting our air.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I propose a modification of the first amendment to match existing practice.  You get your free speech and right of demonstration and all of that, but we get to spit on you if we don't like it.  I suppose this is still an improvement over manditory vacation to Abu Ghraib.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember seeing this when the event occurred - IIRC September of this year.

So I'll call DUPE! but give the guy another attaboy!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So I'll call DUPE! but give the guy another attaboy!

I call BS on your dupe claim!  

Couldn't find anything in the normal search or the archives.  Could have been in the Team though, as the search no workee there.

So - support your claim, you slacker!  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I only wished he'd spit a 230 grn hp at her.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Such arrogance. If I ever see her, I'll do the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to buy both those guys a beer.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#19]
She actually did not look that bad then. Her personality is the exact opposite of mine though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

infam.antville.org/static/infam/images/janefonda.jpg

The most hilarious part is despite her "activist" posturing in that picture the arrest was for "drug charges" and the subsequent "disturbing the peace." What a complete dumb bitch poser she was.

Also an idiot.

Jane Fonda was quoted in the Detroit Free Press of November 22, 1970 as having told a student audience at Michigan State University; "I would think that if you understood what communism was you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Lucky for us her career is deader than Tookie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top