[#2]
Ride the snake.

- Jim Morrison

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hope you're keeping one in reserve, because that hangover is going to be a mofo

I always keep a couple "extra".

As of now, my SHTF/incase of emrgency kit has about a week of good times in it.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Smooth now but the comedown sucks. I have a few left over from my root canal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a bunch of hydrocodone/oxycotin/vicodin or whatever leftover from when I had my tonsils taken out. My damn sister took them when she came over without asking me "for the pain" after she had her baby. Pissed me off and still does. I was saving those for actual pain. If she needed more pain pills she could have talked to her doc. The hydrocodone stuff never really made me mellow or gave me a buzz, but I took a big dose of the liquid percocet one night and I felt reeeeeeeeeeeeal good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've had this stuff before.... didn't notice a bad "come down" from it ever.

Maybe that's if you take a higher dose or for more than a couple days? Idunno
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]
When I had my jaw surgery a few years ago, I was on the liquid stuff for 3 weeks.  Continuous buzz every 4 hours.  Like floating.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]
That's bad for your liver dude!

Hope your face feels better!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ride the snake.

- Jim Morrison

www.starmakersrising.com/images/3251_REEFER_MADNESS01.jpg

Umm... that's referring to marijuana.

I don't do drugs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#10]
old news...

man
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
When I had my jaw surgery a few years ago, I was on the liquid stuff for 3 weeks.  Continuous buzz every 4 hours.  Like floating.

Probably the same stuff I had. It felt really really nice when I took a double dose (which it says you can do on the prescription, you just wait longer between doses)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Codeine is a great buzz, but it always leaves me with a headache.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had this stuff before.... didn't notice a bad "come down" from it ever.

Maybe that's if you take a higher dose or for more than a couple days? Idunno

What? There's a dosage?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#14]
i think it was
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Hook a brother up?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I've been taking it off and on for the last nine days for bad back pain.  Works pretty well.  The very first pill was a trip!

Yep. That's where I'm at so far.

I figger I won't need another one until late tonight when I go to bed.

cmjohnson, I get the same feeling. It "loosens" the mind just enough.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Got my last refill today. Had my gallbladder removed about 10 days ago.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought they could be addicting? - Kool-Aid (LCA tsxx37)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I thought they could be addicting? - Kool-Aid (LCA tsxx37)

well i dont have another gallbladder to get removed so when my rx is gone its gone. i guess i will just have to deal with it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
hope you're keeping one in reserve, because that hangover is going to be a mofo

Hangovers are for lite-weights
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I flat LOVE morphine.  It has been real good to me when I've been in need.  One time when the doc was going to set my fractured leg, he had the nurse give me some in my IV.  In that instant, I learned why druggies are druggies.

Call me a pussy...but that stuff was way cool.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I flat LOVE morphine.  It has been real good to me when I've been in need.  One time when the doc was going to set my fractured leg, he had the nurse give me some in my IV.  In that instant, I learned why druggies are druggies.

i had so much morphine when i was in the hospital, it no longer worked on me, they gave me demerol insted. whoa, like sitting in a warm bath.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I got a prescription for Lortabs when I had a wisdom tooth extracted. Found out that they worked wonders for my terrible headaches, so I saved them for just that situation. I take one every few weeks when I get one of those headaches, but have never noticed any effect from them other than my pain disappearing in about 45 minutes. I've never experienced any "buzz" from them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#26]
If you need it, take it.  If you want it, run!  You very well could be playing with fire depending on your propensity for addiction.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably the same stuff I had. It felt really really nice when I took a double dose (which it says you can do on the prescription, you just wait longer between doses)

DUDE!!!!!!!!

I double dosed on accident once, on the EX ones. I took one, but left the pill bottle in front of me.
Remember I am in major pain with a tooth infection and swollen face. I FORGOT that I took one already.
So I popped another in my mouth and swallowed.

My wife was like WTF! Your hitting those a lil hard aren't ya?

What do you mean?  SONOFA-----!!!!!

I managed to lie down on the couch and told the wife not to let me lay on my back.

Then i don't remember much...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Major toothache.

Dr. gave me Amoxicillin and pain pills.

I'm happy now.

And beer makes it even smoother.

In college in the mid 80s, was on Xanex while stressed out about school, and didn't heed the Doc's warnings about weening yourself off these bad boys, took the same (realativly) high dose until they ran out, and was in bed for 3 days going through de-tox...

Never again will I let anything but beer get me high-on-life...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Got my last refill today. Had my gallbladder removed about 10 days ago.

www.members.aol.com/cyanidedreams/Alpha/Oxy.jpg

NOW THAT'S THE GOOD SHIT!!!!!!!!!

Hydrocodone doesn't hold a candle to the magic of Oxygen!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i had so much morphine when i was in the hospital, it no longer worked on me, they gave me demerol insted. whoa, like sitting in a warm bath.

Yea...me too!  I had forgotten that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Major toothache.

I'm happy now.

So...what is the reason for the toothache and when do you get it fixed?  There is NO reason for a tooth ache today.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Vicodin (Hydrocodone/APAP) & Percocet (Oxycodone/APAP) are pretty good for mild-moderate-moderately severe pain.

People in a lot of pain (post-op) usually get Demerol & Vistaril or go in house on a Morpine or Fentanyl PCA pump.  Of course there's always Fentanyl Lollypops.....

And, FYI--if you go into the Drs office telling him that Percs, Vikes, etc. are the only thing that work for your pain, you raise a large RED flag.  Get "pain seekers" (people addicted to pills) all the time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#33]
well I have a fracture in my back and having to take these things for pain starts to really suck afetr a while...

so while some of you may enjoy taking them because you have a few days of pain... taking them for any chronic condition really blows
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Major toothache.

I'm happy now.

So...what is the reason for the toothache and when do you get it fixed?  There is NO reason for a tooth ache today.

Well the reason for the toothache is an abscess.

As far as why TODAY.... yeah, Friday's are teh suk for trying to get in to a dentist. I think every dentist in the state takes Fridays off.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Vicodin (Hydrocodone/APAP) & Percocet (Oxycodone/APAP) are pretty good for mild-moderate-moderately severe pain.

People in a lot of pain (post-op) usually get Demerol & Vistaril or go in house on a Morpine or Fentanyl PCA pump.  Of course there's always Fentanyl Lollypops.....

And, FYI--if you go into the Drs office telling him that Percs, Vikes, etc. are the only thing that work for your pain, you raise a large RED flag.  Get "pain seekers" (people addicted to pills) all the time.

My neighbor's fiance was doctor shopping for Oxy here in FL...

After the third time the paramedics showed up (and after he wet the bed countless times from being in such a deep sleep) she kicked his butt back to Chicago, now going to marry a really great guy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I never asked for them, the Dr. asked if I wanted the script.

Um... that would be a "Fuck-YES" Doctor.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Had wisdom teeth(4) out yesterday and was prescribed hydrocodone 500mg pills, they don't do much for me. I like the ibuprofen 800mg tablets. But there is not much pain after the first day. So I will quit with the hydrocodone.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#38]
It's my personal experience that nothing, not even demerol, holds a candle to Dilaudid in making excrutiating pain evaporate.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I have 4 hydrocodone/apap 5-500 left from braking my hand and having surgery/pins put in.For the last couple of years I have been taking what seems to me a lot of this shit,bad back,double hernia surgery over the summer etc.Percocet,vicoden,loratab,after taking it for a few weeks straight it starts to scare me,I will quit taking it for a while to prove to my self I can.Better men than me have gotten hooked on this stuff,be carefull
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never had morphine.  They gave me demerol to try to gastro-scope me.  They say it took 3 NFL-linemen sized guys and enough demerol to stun a Clydesdale to keep me from fighting the scope.  It was no wonder why I hurt so damned bad afterwards and felt like I had just fought off the entire WWF prime-time lineup.

However, that shit is damned good after surgery.  Warm blanket indeed.  Slept like a baby, even with 5 holes in my stomach.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sorry that so many of you have to deal with the euphoric side-effects of opiates.  When I prescribe these to my patients, my only intention is to relieve pain.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
well I have a fracture in my back and having to take these things for pain starts to really suck afetr a while...

so while some of you may enjoy taking them because you have a few days of pain... taking them for any chronic condition really blows

Yup. It's all fun and games until you need a shoehorn and tub of vaseline to take a dump.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I would have gone with the medicinal marijuana.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Major toothache.

I'm happy now.

Well the reason for the toothache is an abscess.    Sorry!  Kind of figured that...and yes Fridays are teh sux!  Good Luck until Monday!

As far as why TODAY.... yeah, Friday's are teh suk for trying to get in to a dentist. I think every dentist in the state takes Fridays off.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm floating on the vicodin too!

1000 mg every 4-6 hours....
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't wish back surgery on anyone.....but

" TALWIN "

should be in the general water supply.    
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I have a bulging disk, and 3 other disks that are degenerating quicker than the others.  I had my 10th epidural (spinal block) for pain in June.  The epidurals don't seem to be working as well.

I take hydrocodone in some form daily and it gets old.  It's fairly effective though for the sharp pains in my lower back, hips, and down my right leg.

I took a flight for work earlier this month and took some of my meds with me in a baggie, I had vitamins, colesterol medicine, and some of the hydrocodone.  The damn security at the airport took all my meds because I didn't have the original bottles!  Even the vitamins!

I suppose it's my fault, but now I have run out of them and will not be able to get my prescription filled until the 25th.  So now I get to work in LOTS of pain while taking tons of Celebrex and Ibuprofen to get rid of the pain, which doesn't work NEARLY as well as the hydro.

Shit!

Balming
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This how Limbaugh got started...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.  

I only need them for short term pain relief.

I have 3 diferent prescriptions for pain pills, and have enough to last about 2 weeks, but I'll only take them for 4-5 days.  I HATE the fuzzy headed feeling, and can't imagine having to take these things for more than a few days.  I just can't FOCUS!!

The weather channel is hard to understand on these things...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This how Limbaugh got started...

If I am 1/10 as coherent and successful as Limbaugh was while he was loaded with Oxy, I'd be 10X more coherent and successful as I am right now.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top