Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/16/2005 6:56:37 AM EDT
link

A Tokyo meat seller who imported dog meats from China abandoned about 30 dog heads in an outer moat of the Tokyo Detention House, the police said Friday.

The 82-year-old man told reporters, "I have dumped (the heads of dogs) that I imported for food because I had a problem disposing of them."

Officials from the Metropolitan Police Department said they will question the man on suspicion of violating the waste disposal law.

The man said he imported the severed heads and bodies of dogs from China and sold all body meat.

The heads were left unsold. He said he dumped them into the moat around late October, thinking "it will be food for carps in the moat."

Most of the heads have decomposed to the skull, according to police.

The heads were found Friday in 45-centimeter-deep water in the moat, scattered within a stretch of 1 to 2 meters. The moat is on a levee 8.5 meters wide, located north of the facility in the Kosuge area of Katsushika Ward.

A woman pedestrian spotted the heads at around 1:15 p.m. and reported to police.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
* looks suspiciously at the sushi *

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I am truly distressed by humans who can't figure out dogs don't belong on the food chain.

You will probably not find another mammal as domesticated or loyal to humans as the dog. Only a shitstain would eat them for no reason.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Woohooo!! Steak night in Cell Block D.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am truly distressed by humans who can't figure out dogs don't belong on the food chain.

You will probably not find another mammal as domesticated or loyal to humans as the dog. Only a shitstain would eat them for no reason.

+1.

What the fuck?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

While I agree wholeheartedly with your statement...

In some parts of India cows are sacred and off the menu
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And some people feel just as strongly that pigs should be off the menu, for different reasons.  Your world is not their world and vice versa.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Just as another insite into eating dog:

When I was in Korea (93-95) I visited a commercial dog farm. These dogs are raised strictly for meat.
They are NOT mixed breed dogs. Only one type of dog is raised to be eaten. This breed is 1000's of years old. Its bloodline is closely guarded for purity. I see nothing wrong with this practice. Its no different than raising rabbits or chickens for meat.
You fella's that are saying that dogs should not be consumed as food need to get out more.....its been happening far longer than "American values" have even existed. Stop thinking that the American way is the only way. All it does is affirm our ignorance.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

When I was in Korea (93-95) I visited a commercial dog farm. These dogs are raised strictly for meat.
They are NOT mixed breed dogs. Only one type of dog is raised to be eaten. This breed is 1000's of years old. Its bloodline is closely guarded for purity. I see nothing wrong with this practice. Its no different than raising rabbits or chickens for meat.
You fella's that are saying that dogs should not be consumed as food need to get out more.....its been happening far longer than "American values" have even existed. Stop thinking that the American way is the only way. All it does is affirm our ignorance.

just curious, what breed of dog was it they were raising?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

probably Chow
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WARNING: Worlds worst joke incoming...

Hot dog?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

probably Chow

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#12]
What a shame.
The head's the best part!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]

+1 BILLION
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I agree wholeheartedly with your statement...

In some parts of India cows are sacred and off the menu

We didn't select dogs arbitrarily. When a cow shows the same capacity for intelligence and compatability I'll stop eating steak.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#15]

All it does is affirm our ignorance.

Bullshit, The dog's only purpose is to serve and protect man......if you are compairing that to a chicken or a cow your a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Only a very 'inferior' culture would even think of such a thing.

Gadzooks!

Eric The(AllDogsGoToHeaven)Hun
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And some people feel just as strongly that pigs should be off the menu, for different reasons.  Your world is not their world and vice versa.

When was the last time a pig saved a persons life?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
* looks suspiciously at the sushi *

Don't worry about dog in sushi, that is Nemo!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

"That'd have to be one charming motherfucking pig!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:43:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

A rational & intelligent post on ARFCOM, who would have thought?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What a shame.
The head's the best part!

Reminds me of the cow heads in Mexican markets.  Feast on that for a week
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It is NOT about ignorance or not being worldly. It is about being intelligent enough to recognize dogs are too intelligent and too loyal to man to be eaten under ordinary circumstances.

The fact that people elsewhere "do it" legitimizes NOTHING. Some people in Africa still see nothing wrong with cannibalism and mass genocide. Doesn't mean we need to "get out more" because we are evolved enough to realize that certain practices are fucked up. I'm sure somewhere in the world right now people are eating their own shit and piss, does that make it acceptable? Do you need to get out more?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"A pork chop will save your life!" - Chris Rock

3 posts down  Despite what Bush may have told you, the world is not black/white, good/evil.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A rational & intelligent post on ARFCOM, who would have thought?

Hardly.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:50:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

3 posts down  Despite what Bush may have told you, the world is not black/white, good/evil.

Don't be ridiculous.

Dogs have a KNOWN AND ESTABLISHED track record of saving humans and being of benefit to humans. The fact that dogs are known to attack humans (pitbulls, etc) does not offset that established record in any appreciable way. In fact attacks are news because they are not the usual behavior of dogs.

Name one other animal with such an established track record. I'll wait.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Dogs and cats are too domesticated for me to eat.
Sorry, I just don't see it.

But here is a question for you Steyr - I know that in Europe they do (or did) eat horsemeat.
Now to me, I couldn't accept that, but it seems slightly less offensive to me eating a horse.
What say you?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#27]
NEWSFLASH!

people eat dogs in other parts of the world
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Dog is pretty good.  So is Howler monkey, snake, and Monk parrot.  Cat on the other hand,  sucks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Aren't moats supposed to have various nasty "bits" floating in them to dissaude people from swimming across them?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Dogs and cats are too domesticated for me to eat.
Sorry, I just don't see it.

But here is a question for you Steyr - I know that in Europe they do (or did) eat horsemeat.
Now to me, I couldn't accept that, but it seems slightly less offensive to me eating a horse.
What say you?

I wouldn't knowingly eat horsemeant in non emergency situations.

While possibly not quite as domesticated or directly dependent on man, they are still close enough.

And like I said earlier "accepted practice" means nothing.

In some cultures raping young children and eating people is an "accepted practice." Doesn't make it any less fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
NEWSFLASH!

NEWSFLASH!

people eat humans in other parts of the world
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#32]
 Anyone that tries to kill and or eat my dog gets two in the chest and one in the head, YOU GOT ME?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEWSFLASH!

NEWSFLASH!

people eat humans in other parts of the world

mmmm long pork
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be ridiculous.

Dogs have a KNOWN AND ESTABLISHED track record of saving humans and being of benefit to humans. The fact that dogs are known to attack humans (pitbulls, etc) does not offset that established record in any appreciable way. In fact attacks are news because they are not the usual behavior of dogs.

Name one other animals with such an established track record. I'll wait.

Calm down, nobody is arguing that dogs aren't "good" animals, personally I would never eat one.  Nor would I hunt "social" animals but I'm not going to condemn other people for doing so.

The point is, going around telling other people what to eat because YOU don't think it's right is self rightious and pompous.  Kind of like when those "libtards" tell you you have no right to hunt eh?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Bullshit, The dog's only purpose is to serve and protect man......if you are compairing that to a chicken or a cow your a fucking idiot.

Bullshit.  Dogs are animals........if you are comparing dogs to humans you a fucking idiot.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1, same with cats. What really pisses me of is those damned chinese and vietnamese restaurants that kidnap peoples cats and kill them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be ridiculous.

Name one other animals with such an established track record. I'll wait.

Calm down, nobody is arguing that dogs aren't "good" animals, personally I would never eat one.  Nor would I hunt "social" animals but I'm not going to condemn other people for doing so.

The point is, going around telling other people what to eat because YOU don't think it's right is self rightious and pompous.  Kind of like when those "libtards" tell you you have no right to hunt eh?

And rest assured that is how cannibals feel. Who are we "pompous libtards" to say they cannot fuck thier children. After all our way doesn't mean it's the right way, just ask NAMBLA.

The bottom line is some people are a little more evolved than others. And I'm not gonna pretend uncivilized, unevolved folks are just "quaint."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.  Dogs are animals........if you are comparing dogs to humans you a fucking idiot.  

Dogs are domesticated animals. I don't think anyone is equating them with humans.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, same with cats. What really pisses me of is those damned chinese and vietnamese restaurants that kidnap peoples cats and kill them.

How do you "kidnap" a cat?  Stealing or taking I can see, but kidnaping?  BTW what you should be pissed off about, is your ignorance in actually believing that its common practice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Dogs are domesticated animals. I don't think anyone is equating them with humans.

So are cows and pigs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you?  You are equating eating dogs with eating humans (see post above).  By the same token, do you also think it's ok to have sex with dogs?  Nevermind, don't answer that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#42]

I do, I would risk my life for a dog, not so likely for a human.

Dogs continue to put there lives at stake for man and get treated poorly IMHO by most.  They are the greatest gift to humans and the only animal which would die readily for their family.  We can atleast show them some fucking respect by not eating them or tolerating those that do.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#43]
OMFG, dude go back to PETAforums, they're missing you
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are cows and pigs.

For the reading impaired like I said on Page One...

When a cow shows the same capacity for intelligence and compatability I'll stop eating steak.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Don't be ridiculous.

<----SteyrAUG?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you?  You are equating eating dogs with eating humans (see post above).  By the same token, do you also think it's ok to have sex with dogs?  Nevermind, don't answer that.

No I am not. I simply provided other examples of what other cultures deem acceptable and why I don't subscribe to the "When in Rome" concept.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are cows and pigs.

When a cow shows the same capacity for intelligence and compatability I'll stop eating steak.

And thats why I added "AND PIGS."  Thought so.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
OMFG, dude go back to PETAforums, they're missing you

And NAMBLA wants you back on their forums.

After all our ignorance of thinking child molestation is wrong and that is supported by the fact that other cultures fuck their kids.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are cows and pigs.

And thats why I added "AND PIGS."  Thought so.

And ALSO from Page One.

Read much?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top