Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 12:20:00 PM EDT
I am taking 4 tests for the Columbus Police Dept. tomorrow. One of the tests is called a B-PAD. I could use some advise on this one.

I will be seated in front of a TV and a video camera. I will be presented with 8 video scenarios or situations. At the end of each of the 8 scenes I will have 45 seconds to respond orally as if I am actually the officer at the scene.

If anyone has taken this or a similar test I would appreciate all the advice you can give me. This is the most important part of the testing and I don't know how to prepare for it or what to expect.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I though you needed one of us to pee in a cup for you.  Sorry.

Seriously.  You'll do fine.  Just relax and only shoot at the white guys.  

R.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that test too dangerous for the rest of us to take (Law Enforcment Only)?

Anyway, have you been through OPOTS?  Do they cover this sort of thing?  I was just curoius, I would hope they would.  Anyway, I would just follow your instincts and do what seems right and not worry so much.  

Dan
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#3]
"Hold his throat and groin, Rookie!"
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Try asking this question in the Brothers of the Shield forum.   Not too many Cops hang out over here because, someone is always bitchin about the time that they got pulled over for doin nuttin wrong.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top