Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:00:38 AM EDT
Going to a lecture by Dr. Zahi Hawass tonight.

The dude you always see on the History Channel.

The Mystery of the Golden King

This lecture by Dr. Hawass, who has studied the mummy and relics of King Tut more than anyone else in modern times will provide an up-close look at King Tut and the exhibition.

It is in relation to the King Tut exhibit which I will also be going to. I wanted to attend some of the other lectures that were sheduled in October and November but Hurricane Wilma cancelled most of those.

Should be pretty cool. I feel like such a "grown up."

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#1]
He rocks!!!
I have been really impressed with the good Doctor.
He seems to really enjoy his work and deeply cares for his country's artifacts.
He seems to know his stuff.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Finally Getting Some Benefit Out Of Living In South Florida...  

Um digicam, beaches, scantily clad women......
any of this coming together for anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Married. Hot young chicks in thongs just ain't as much anymore.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speak for yourself, buddy!  When my wife and I take the boat up to the sandbar, I'm allowed to enjoy the wildlife as long as I don't feed the animals.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to see him get riled up, ask him when he thinks all the Egyptian artifacts are going to be returned from the British Museum.

On a slightly more serious note SteyrAUG, if he happens to mention, or you get a chance to ask, I'd be interested to know how the effort to catalog the Egyptian Museum in Cairo is going. The first time I went there in 1995 (or so), a French concern was cataloging the museum for the first time ever. I think they had been working on it for 4 years, and estimated that they wer eabout 20-25% complete.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speak for yourself, buddy!  When my wife and I take the boat up to the sandbar, I'm allowed to enjoy the wildlife as long as I don't feed the animals.

I enjoy the view. I just don't go out hunting anymore.

I have found that I can still hookup pretty easy and it is all just too depressing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you want to see him get riled up, ask him when he thinks all the Egyptian artifacts are going to be returned from the British Museum.

On a slightly more serious note SteyrAUG, if he happens to mention, or you get a chance to ask, I'd be interested to know how the effort to catalog the Egyptian Museum in Cairo is going. The first time I went there in 1995 (or so), a French concern was cataloging the museum for the first time ever. I think they had been working on it for 4 years, and estimated that they wer eabout 20-25% complete.

I think the Nefertiti bust in Berlin probably pisses him off even more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top