User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 9:54:39 AM EDT
From DU of course.......what a piece of shit  

Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-12-05 01:22 PM
Original message
on the job discrimination / ADA

Edited on Mon Dec-12-05 01:49 PM by

Hi, on Friday I had to do business with an intimidating and accusatory book dealer. Naturally, I got upset.

I had a conflict with my bosses about it. One of them detained me in an office 'until my father came to get me'. My father was at work, and I was just upset because they weren't listening to my side of the story, which is that my job is getting stressful on account of having to conduct business with some shady people. They wouldn't listen.

Anyway, it appears that either some of them or some political enemies of me and my family have been digging for dirt about me, and they would like to 'frame' me as being mentally unfit to work. When they are unable to do this, they engage in telephone and e-mail harassment, AND I was in a car 'accident' that so clearly was NOT an accident earlier this year in March. I told my supervisor these things when he told me that the attitude toward the Amazon seller was 'unprofessional'. I said that dealing with these people was stressful, especially in light of the stalking, harassment and attempted murder. He showed no concern whatsoever about this, which made me naturally more upset. You see how the intimidation campaign works : traumatize a person to the point where they seek mental health (I attempted suicide last year on account of the harassment), then use that as the basis for a blackmail and slander campaign.

I was called into the chair's office today, she repeated some things about me that were basically slander - she said that I said things that I didn't say. But the whole thing is about people trying to frame me as mentally unfit.
PTSD and depression, but I have NEVER been diagnosed with something that would make me 'dangerous' or prevent me from working. This is corporate slander, plain and simple.

However, my question is this: what right does my employer have to ask me not to come into work until I have a doctor's note saying I am 'able' to work? Of course this is part of the slander campaign, but it does appear that now my employer (or at least the chair) is guilty of violating the ADA and probably state law as well in implying that I need a doctor's note to be able to work.

How do I proceed here? Please note that the only 'mental health problem' I may suffer from is trauma, post-traumatic stress and sleep deprivation due to the harassment, slander and physical attacks.

Wonder if this dude has ever considered taking responsibility for his action/in-actions instead of blaming it on everything else under the sun.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]

I attempted suicide last year

Better luck next time.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The mad, shady, cutthroat world of online book sales.......

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
liberals are pussies, we all know they are weak.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow .....

The only thing missing is:  "George Bush and Haliburton are beaming waves into my brain".

Got a "cold" link on that so we can read some of the replies?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I attempted suicide last year

Better luck next time.  

No shit. What an under achiever.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wonder if this dude has ever considered taking responsibility for his action/in-actions instead of blaming it on everything else under the sun.

If he did, he'd be posting on ARFCOM:  which is better, .223 or .308
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]
The world that some people live in is... well... out of this world.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
All book dealers should be banned and all books burned. Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]
This person is mentally ill. He is probably young if he is still living with his parents. Sounds like the beginning of schizophrenia. A sad future awaits.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Is it wrong to laugh?
If it is, I don't want to be right.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Probably has a histrionic personality disorder. "Oh, everybody look at me, I tried to commit suicide."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top