Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 9:35:48 PM EDT
Just reformatted my computer today and reinstalled XP Pro.  XP had a hard time installing the drivers for my adaptec usb 2.0 card, but it finally took and says the device is working properly.  When I plug in my external hard drive and turn it on, my computer automatically reboots, loads, reboots, loads, and so on and so forth.  It never settles down, just keeps rebooting.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?  Microsoft said they would be happy to charge me $35 to speak to Tech Support.  Needless to say, they won't be getting my money.  Anyone know how to fix this?  

Thanks in advance,
BigJ491
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Service Pack 2 includes support for USB 2
Did you install it?
If not, go into Safe Mode if your pc reboots itself, uninstall the usb drivers and remove the card,
then install SP2, install the usb drivers and install the card.

Link
Link
Link
Link

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
TANERITE ! Sorry had too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
TANERITE ! Sorry had too.

Trust me, if I had tanerite, it would have been used by now!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top