Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 1:57:25 PM EDT
This new "great white hope" from Gonzaga, Adam Morrison, seems be an ultimate libtard, at least according to this report:

""Gonzaga coach Mark Few said Morrison, a front-runner for national college basketball player of the year, resembles Walton for his liberal, speak-his-mind brashness. The politics Morrison freely espouses? Decidedly Marxist, Few says." Oklahoman"

Come to think of it, he does look like a roadie for Rage Against the Machine:

*cue Seinfeld voice* That's a shame...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a horribly hacked-up quote. Please post a link to the original article. Who the fuck is "Walton?"
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's a horribly hacked-up quote. Please post a link to the original article. Who the fuck is "Walton?"

Bill Walton...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill Walton...

That doesn't help.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll ask Pargo tonight at my speech final, he probably knows Morrison.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill Walton...

That doesn't help.

He's his gardner.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Article

<snip>
What sets Morrison apart off the court is, well, everything.

“I don’t think college basketball has had a personality like him since Bill Walton,” Few said. “He’s well read. He loves to debate with his teammates, whether it’s politics, world events or rap artists. He’ll say Karl Marx had it right all along. It’s just a way for him to enjoy a great debate. If you say the sky is blue, he’ll say it’s green.”
<snip>

What's his ARFCOM name?

<snip>
It’s his political views that make Morrison a different breed. He said he’s not a Communist, but he’s read Marx’s “The Communist Manifesto,” Malcolm X’s biography and Adam Smith’s “The Wealth of Nations.”

“I’ve always liked political knowledge,” Morrison said. “Karl Marx came up with an idea, that one book, the Manifesto, that changed the world. He was pretty interesting. I like current events and people who make an impact.”
<snip>

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
How bad do you guys have to know? I can email him and find out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't mean shit to me. I don't concern myself with speculation on the political motivation of 21-year-old college athletes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't mean shit to me. I don't concern myself with speculation on the political motivation of 21-year-old college athletes.

Lol, sometime people get wrapped up in shit here that is trivial. My own father was a communist until he went to the USSR and saw what Communism really was. Now he is a rich, free market capitalist.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in lag hell here, with this site especially tonight, so sorry for the slow response. I found that quote from a few sites from a google search, that all seem to link to that quote from the Oklahoman I believe from his coach.

I guess the true test is what he does with his big payday that is almost a certaintity now...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, sometime people get wrapped up in shit here that is trivial. My own father was a communist until he went to the USSR and saw what Communism really was. Now he is a rich, free market capitalist.

If that was in my family I think I'd probably leave that buried deep in the back of the closet...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill Walton...

That doesn't help.

You do not know who Bill Walton is? One of the greatest centers to ever play the game.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If that was in my family I think I'd probably leave that buried deep in the back of the closet...

Why? He freely admits it, and anyone who would hold the political views of a 20 year old in 1974 against a man today is either an idiot, or speaking about a presidential candidate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? He freely admits it, and anyone who would hold the political views of a 20 year old in 1974 against a man today is either an idiot, or speaking about a presidential candidate.

I think an idiot would be someone who needed a trip to the USSR to find out that Communism was bad...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#16]
he'll grow out of it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think an idiot would be someone who needed a trip to the USSR to find out that Communism was bad...

I'll forget the insult there. Thats just funny. In hindsight, I am sure that my dad would agree.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll forget the insult there. Thats just funny. In hindsight, I am sure that my dad would agree.

That does bring up an interesting point...if one is truly a Communist, how could they afford the trip to the USSR? 747s cost money...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
he'll grow out of it.

I believe you are right...and the 10 million dollar signing bonus he will probably get, and the endorsements for being the top American born white player in the draft in years will probably change his tune...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Did you realize that the Communist Manifesto is sold for a profit in most bookstores?
Oh, the humanity!

Libtards love to over charge for books, especially college text books. I got chewed out by a professor one time for spending 2 bucks on copies for the 20 pages I needed out of a book, rather than buying the whole book for 40 bucks. She went on and on about how professors live off of these texts (the author was her friend). When I told her that my family had jackshit for money and I was using a Carhart jacket as my winter coat (the temp was around zero that week) she shut up. The moral is that the Left loves money, but only when they have it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top