Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2005 10:40:45 AM EDT
I think it would look pretty much like a commando and u could probably use the buffer spring tube as a stock... Or u could just borrow a stock from another AR while at the range and put it back on your weapon when you leave...

11.5upper

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
would that be illegal?

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think it would look pretty much like a commando and u could probably use the buffer spring tube as a stock... Or u could just borrow a stock from another AR while at the range and put it back on your weapon when you leave...

11.5upper

www.navyseals.cz/webfoto/photo/foto_technika/palne_zbane/m16/colt_commando-1.jpg

Not even as a joke. Your teeth will be "pearly" white like the smiley after Night 1 in Club Fed.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Do pistols have a max length?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
IBTL

But I just want to add I have no idea why short barreled rifles are regulated to the extent that they are.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
would that be illegal?

The upper, no. The stock, yes. That would be manufacture of an NFA item without license. (Or whatever posession of the proper stamped Form 1 would be called.)
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

11.5upper

www.navyseals.cz/webfoto/photo/foto_technika/palne_zbane/m16/colt_commando-1.jpg

Not even as a joke. Your teeth will be "pearly" white like the smiley after Night 1 in Club Fed.

kinda reminds me of before the AWB expiration people would lock themselves in their bed room and experiment putting collapsable stocks on their AR's...

Ok forget those ideas how about puttting a 11.5" barrel on a pistol, I think it would be fun...
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
would that be illegal?

The upper, no. The stock, yes. That would be manufacture of an NFA item without license. (Or whatever posession of the proper stamped Form 1 would be called.)

Ok fraggo that no putting on a stock... We already have drive by bayonettings we dont need anyone getting butt stocked!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

11.5upper

Translation: "I was busted for something and the cops are trying to roll up other guys doing illegal stuff"
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#9]
There is a forum devoted to AR pistols. Try there for some info.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#10]
cool i will check it
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

11.5upper

Translation: "I was busted for something and the cops are trying to roll up other guys doing illegal stuff"

Really? I'm down for robbing a Hallmark store. Who's in!?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
you guys are fucking paranoid!  Remove the Tin Foil...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
you guys are fucking paranoid!  Remove the Tin Foil...

1934 is paranoia??
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

11.5upper

Wow, that sucks to have joined in 2001 and have 4828 posts, just to be banned and have to start all over for advocating illegal behavior...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Let's be honest - there are probably many people out there who put stocks on their "pistol" lowers, either permanently or temporarily.  Personally, I have never understood why someone would buy a 11.5" upper for a pistol.  

But the fact that it is easy to do, and that some people do it, does not change that it is a felony - and that ar15.com should not be a venue where clearly illegal behavior is advocated.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Let's be honest - there are probably many people out there who put stocks on their "pistol" lowers, either permanently or temporarily.  Personally, I have never understood why someone would buy a 11.5" upper for a pistol.  

But the fact that it is easy to do, and that some people do it, does not change that it is a felony - and that ar15.com should not be a venue where clearly illegal behavior is advocated.

Which? I thought an 11.5 inch upper on a pistol was virginal and pure provided there was no buttstock on the lower (and the lower was built into a pistol before being a rifle)....

I love the idea of an AR pistol--obnoxiously loud, dubiously useful, sounds good to me! But I'm a sick sick puppy...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which? I thought an 11.5 inch upper on a pistol was virginal and pure provided there was no buttstock on the lower (and the lower was built into a pistol before being a rifle)....

I love the idea of an AR pistol--obnoxiously loud, dubiously useful, sounds good to me! But I'm a sick sick puppy...

Sorry - the way I wrote that post was confusing. I was trying to say two separate things, and was really unclear.  There's nothing wrong legally with an 11.5" upper on a pistol lower - technically you could put a 24" upper on a pistol lower   Any upper is fine, as long as there is no stock on the buffer tube.

I just personally don't see see how useful or fun an 11.5 upper (or longer) is for a "pistol"

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry - the way I wrote that post was confusing. I was trying to say two separate things, and was really unclear.  There's nothing wrong legally with an 11.5" upper on a pistol lower - technically you could put a 24" upper on a pistol lower   Any upper is fine, as long as there is no stock on the buffer tube.

I just personally don't see see how useful or fun an 11.5 upper (or longer) is for a "pistol"

I know that, but I love an opportunity for my "obnoxiously loud, dubiously useful" line...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top