Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2005 9:01:07 AM EDT
I thought South Park was just a funny cartoon.  I bought my son the first series for Christmas.  I had never watched them before.  I watched them last night.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#1]
just wait till you get to the part where Mr. Garrison gets a sex change
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#2]

how old is he?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I grew up on obscene cartoons such as southpark, simpsons, beavis and butthead.

And I turned out fine

*twitch*
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought South Park was just a funny adult cartoon.  I bought my son the first series for Christmas.  I had never watched them before.  I watched them last night.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And I turned out fine

*twitch*

He's 16.  Too funny SDA!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
kick ass
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I turned out fine

*twitch*

He's 16.  Too funny SDA!

He's old enough. I've been watching it since I was about 12 and I could handle it. It may even be good for him.

Since you're his mother I am sure you raised him well enough to be able to enjoy South Park
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I remember watching the Movie in Theaters.....Im only 16 at the momment. I have turned out fine. I think it all depends on the parents not the shows.

Also before you do a Age Request I have already been cleared.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you for the voice of confidence.  I believe I might swap the South Park tapes intended for the son with the Sledge Hammer tapes intended for the husband.  A couple of years ago I bought him 3 stooges DVDs and after a summer of him slapping himself [and his little brohter] poking every one in the eyes - is just too vivid of a memory.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#11]
The Global warming one is the only one that's worth a darn.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Which one is that?  I rented episode 6 [I think?] last night.  It had Sadam and Satin as lovers.  And the swearing Canadians.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#13]
His mom shoots an AR15, there is no danger of him being improperly influenced by cartoons
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one is that?  I rented episode 6 [I think?] last night.  It had Sadam and Satin as lovers.  And the swearing Canadians.

That's one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was on a month or so ago. I was on ARFCOM so I did not go change the channel, ended up laughing my butt off and recording it because it was so true to human nature. I don't care for it but for that episode as it is just to foul and nasty.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow. And I wonder what idiot parents out there are buying rap music and violent video games for their little tikes.

Now I know where one is.

Seriously - WTF? The shows is like 8 years old, have you never ONCE heard of any controversy the show has stirredup?

OH - and do not - I repeat - DO NOT buy the MOVIE. The second song is "Uncle Fucker" and it goes down hill (or up hill, depending on your view) from there.

PS - I LOVE South Park. Some brilliant social and political commentary (even though they go a bit far sometimes).
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#17]
South Park is an adult cartoon.   I watch them, and love them, but I won't show them to kids.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wow. And I wonder what idiot parents out there are buying rap music and violent video games for their little tikes.

Now I know where one is.

Seriously - WTF? The shows is like 8 years old, have you never ONCE heard of any controversy the show has stirredup?

OH - and do not - I repeat - DO NOT buy the MOVIE. The second song is "Uncle Fucker" and it goes down hill (or up hill, depending on your view) from there.

PS - I LOVE South Park. Some brilliant social and political commentary (even though they go a bit far sometimes).

I do not watch TV so no, I have never seen an episoide.  I wrote in here about a month ago asking for ideas for my son and South Park was one of the suggestions.  I thought the characters were cute.  I'm glad I watched it before giving it to him on Christmas day.

I did watch the Uncle Fucker. Hysterical but not what I want my kids singing at school!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Red Sleigh down, Red Sleigh down!

LOL

That's the best episode IMHO when they try to give presents to kids in Iraq. The insurgents launch a RPG at Santa and capture him. Jesus and the kids go to save them and bring some firepower.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:06:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Red Sleigh down, Red Sleigh down!

LOL

That's the best episode IMHO when they try to give presents to kids in Iraq. The insurgents launch a RPG at Santa and capture him. Jesus and the kids go to save them and bring some firepower.

"My sons...I have something to tell you...I'm packing."
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#22]
yep, child rearing faux paux. Oh well.  Look at the bright side, you'll have hours of entertainment for yourself.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I wrote in here about a month ago asking for ideas for my son and South Park was one of the suggestions.  

Aw geeze - there was your first mistake ;o)

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#24]
16 years old?

Cut the cord.

I'm sure he can handle it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Now I know how all those white women felt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#26]
page 2
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#27]
At first I wouldn't let my kids watch it but they snuck it on a couple times and I caught glimpses here and there and before you knew it we were watching together . Kinda cool .

We got my son ( 10 yr)  the first season  on dvd .
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thank you for the voice of confidence.  I believe I might swap the South Park tapes intended for the son with the Sledge Hammer tapes intended for the husband.  

<sledge hammer>Trust her, she knows what she's doing.</sledge hammer>
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Now I know how all those white women felt.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Now I know where one is.

Who the fuck are you to talk about another ARFCOM member like that? Patty has done MANY things that folks like you could only dream of, and you want to bag on her because she doesn't know about South Park? So, just because you watch a show filled with adult humor, so should everyone else? Get a fucking clue...Not everyone watches TV.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#32]
"I broke the dam."

"This just in - the statue of the virgin mary is bleeding.....out her ass"

"THEN I PULL OUT MY GUN.  If Tom Cruise doesnt come out of the closet I am going to shoot someone"
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Who the fuck are you to talk about another ARFCOM member like that? Patty has done MANY things that folks like you could only dream of, and you want to bag on her because she doesn't know about South Park? So, just because you watch a show filled with adult humor, so should everyone else? Get a fucking clue...Not everyone watches TV.

Woah, silver, its only the interweb - calm down.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Wasn't "Episode 6" really the movie "bigger, longer, uncut".  Anyway, if the kids were to sing this at school they'd be mocked for being so "behind the times" that was 6 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm sorry, I'm sorry I said...

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS, MR. GARRISON?

(Yeah I know it's from the movie but it still makes me laugh.)
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woah, silver, its only the interweb - calm down.

Most of us are actually FRIENDS with others on the site, genius..........  In real life..... I know, complex concept for you to grasp probably.

It's called respect..........

Learn some.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#37]
you should get them "Team America, World Police" for their birthdays while you're at it
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#38]
At 16 I think he's old enough for it.

It's just potty humor.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Most of us are actually FRIENDS with others on the site, genius..........  In real life..... I know, complex concept for you to grasp probably.

It's called respect..........learn some.

Yeah - well - in real life then, dont recommend her material for her daughter that she will find offensive (though I think 16 is old enough - but thats totally her call).

And Im sorry, you dont have to watch TV to KNOW about South Park. Its been on for 8 years or so and been on other TV shows, magazines, news paper, and the web. If she is THAT out of touch with pop culture, she should probably inventory her daughters rrom for other crap.

And finally, my original post was filled with SARCASM that obviously didnt go through.  But she is a big girl and can handle herself. She replied to me just fine with out your help.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Ive been watching Southpark since I was in the 3rd or 4th grade

I turned out fine...
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't get him "Girls Gone Wild."
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

It's just potty humor.

Time will tell.  We rented an episode this week end.  We'll see if he repeats it over and over.  Great thing about autistic kids, or at least mine - he's got a photographic memory.  Bad thing is they don't know when to shut up!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just potty humor.

Time will tell.  We rented an episode this week end.  We'll see if he repeats it over and over.  Great thing about autistic kids, or at least mine - he's got a photographic memory.  Bad thing is they don't know when to shut up!

THEN I PULL OUT MY GUNIf you dont eventually get all the other seasons on DVD I am going to shoot someone

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#44]
How could anyone not know about South Park?  16 is plenty old enough.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#45]
WOW...

Your son is 16 and you won't even let him watch South Park, but yet he is old enough to operate a 4000 pound piece of machinery? He can buy cigarettes and smoke in two years for Christ's sake. You really need to stop babying him at that age.

Not letting him watch it at 10 I can see. At 11 yes, at 12, yes. At 13, maybe. 14, maybe, but most people let them watch it at that age. But 16 years old and your not letting him watch South Park? Pray that his friends don't find out about that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
WOW...

Your son is 16 and you won't even let him watch South Park, but yet he is old enough to operate a 4000 pound piece of machinery? He can buy cigarettes and smoke in two years for Christ's sake. You really need to stop babying him at that age.

Not letting him watch it at 10 I can see. At 11 yes, at 12, yes. At 13, maybe. 14, maybe, but most people let them watch it at that age. But 16 years old and your not letting him watch South Park? Pray that his friends don't find out about that.

My son is autistic and he tends to repeat in appropriate things.  Besides, He has a brother in Kindergarden that would no doubt end up watching it when I'm not home to supervise.  I'll be the first to admit its hallarious but I wouldn't have picked it for my son's Christmas present if I had known.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's called respect..........learn some.

Yeah - well - in real life then, dont recommend her material for her daughter that she will find offensive (though I think 16 is old enough - but thats totally her call).

And Im sorry, you dont have to watch TV to KNOW about South Park. Its been on for 8 years or so and been on other TV shows, magazines, news paper, and the web. If she is THAT out of touch with pop culture, she should probably inventory her daughters rrom for other crap.

And finally, my original post was filled with SARCASM that obviously didnt go through.  But she is a big girl and can handle herself. She replied to me just fine with out your help.

What a friggin assclown.

I was going to write a more lenghty witty retort but I think the first line more than covers it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#49]
"Ok, why is it that everything that happened today has to do with something going in or coming out of my ass?!!?!"
-- Eric Cartman,  "Southpark"   Episode 1

One of my favorites was the Election Episode where the only two choices for new school mascot was a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.  And then there's PETA....  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Tell him to respect your au thor a tie
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top