Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2005 3:21:53 AM EDT
When will people learn.

Foreigner + Being In Iraq = Kidnapped for future video beheading. It does not matter if you are there to offer humanitarian assistance.

It makes no difference if you hate America and are there to support the enemy or the anti war movement.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005
German woman missing in Iraq; Christian group confirms four others missing

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) — The German Foreign Ministry reported Tuesday that one of its citizens in Iraq has been missing for five days, and a television station broadcast photos allegedly showing the blindfolded woman with her captors.

It was not immediately clear what the woman, identified by her family as 43-year-old Susanne Osthoff, was doing in Iraq. Her name was not released. Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Jaeger would only say that the woman was missing.

Osthoff's mother, identified only as Ingrid H., told Germany N24 news station that her daughter is an archaeologist working for a German aid organization distributing medicine and medical supplies since before the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq. ARD reported that the woman speaks fluent Arabic.

Separately, the aid group Christian Peacemaker Teams confirmed in a statement Tuesday that four people from the group had been taken hostage on Saturday and that Norman Kember, a 74-year-old Briton, was among them.

The group said it has had a team in Iraq since October 2002, working with U.S. and Iraqi detainees and training others in nonviolent intervention and human rights documentation. Kember and another person were part of a visiting delegation, while two of the group's staff based in Iraq were also taken, the statement said.

The group said it would not identify the other three people taken hostage, but stressed that it worked on behalf of Iraqi civilians.

"The team's work has focused on documenting and focusing public attention on detainee abuses, connecting citizens of Iraq to local and international human rights organizations, and accompanying Iraqi civilians as they interact with multinational military personnel and Iraq's government officials," the group said.

The statement said those taken hostage knew the risks when they went into Iraq.

The organization said it "does not advocate the use of violent force to save our lives should we be kidnapped, held hostage, or caught in the middle of a conflict situation."

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That's what they get for running around in a war zone unarmed and on the wrong side.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The organization said it "does not advocate the use of violent force to save our lives should we be kidnapped, held hostage, or caught in the middle of a conflict situation."

Sounds good to me. I would prefer standing in front of an Israeli bulldozer      
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#3]
man, some people just wanna be blissfully ignorant and believe that everyone will see the light of jesus shining from their pretty blue eyes...
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Sadly, this reminds me of all those accidents that have occurred when people are foolish enough to forget that cute, cuddly, giant tigers and bears are nothing less than wild animals.

Hopefully the liberal news media (or at least DU) catches wind of this.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Now the Germans will fork over a $1m+ ransom that will further aide the insurgency.  People hailing from the anglo countries who get kidnapped in Iraq are SOL.  Such a policy seems pretty cold blooded and pitiless, but it doesn't reward the kidnappers and really discourages civilians from poking around places they don't belong in the future.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now the Germans will fork over a $1m+ ransom that will further aide the insurgency.  People hailing from the anglo countries who get kidnapped in Iraq are SOL.  Such a policy seems pretty cold blooded and pitiless, but it doesn't reward the kidnappers and really discourages civilians from poking around places they don't belong in the future.

Actually I think the terms are German withdraw from Iraq.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.234299322&par=0

IRAQ: GERMAN ARCHAEOLOGIST AND DRIVER KIDNAPPED

Baghdad, 29 Nov. (AKI) - A German archaeologist and her driver were abducted on Friday, according to the German TV station ARD. The woman, who is around 40-years-old, has lived in the country for years and speaks Arabic fluently. The kidnappers sent a video to the broadcaster's offices in Baghdad in which they showed the hostages and threatened to kill the woman if the German government does not suspend every form of cooperation with the Iraqi government.

The video shows a woman and a man blindfolded and on their knees. Nearby are three armed men with their faces covered. The woman has a chain around her neck, with her passport attached to it.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:55:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The group said it has had a team in Iraq since October 2002, working with U.S. and Iraqi detainees and training others in nonviolent intervention and human rights documentation. Kember and another person were part of a visiting delegation, while two of the group's staff based in Iraq were also taken, the statement said.

Here is the problem with being a "useful idiot" to people like the terrorists: All that boot licking will not save you. You will be kept like a tame lamb, fed and petted until the wolves get hungry. Then they will eat you.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
man, some people just wanna be blissfully ignorant and believe that everyone will see the light of jesus shining from their pretty blue eyes...

No, this wasn't about Jesus.

This was about being a liberal.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, this wasn't about Jesus.

This was about being a liberal.

BINGO.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Stupid hurts.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:08:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's great, because I don't advocate our forces putting their lives on the line saving liberal scum, who will come back to the United States after being rescued and bad mouth our troops and their mission.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I think the terms are German withdraw from Iraq.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.234299322&par=0

IRAQ: GERMAN ARCHAEOLOGIST AND DRIVER KIDNAPPED

Baghdad, 29 Nov. (AKI) - A German archaeologist and her driver were abducted on Friday, according to the German TV station ARD. The woman, who is around 40-years-old, has lived in the country for years and speaks Arabic fluently. The kidnappers sent a video to the broadcaster's offices in Baghdad in which they showed the hostages and threatened to kill the woman if the German government does not suspend every form of cooperation with the Iraqi government.

The video shows a woman and a man blindfolded and on their knees. Nearby are three armed men with their faces covered. The woman has a chain around her neck, with her passport attached to it.

They'll take cash, quietly I'm sure but they'll take it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:53:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sadly, this reminds me of all those accidents that have occurred when people are foolish enough to forget that cute, cuddly, giant tigers and bears are nothing less than wild animals.

Hopefully the liberal news media (or at least DU) catches wind of this.

President Roosevelt warned Americans during his address to the Nation right after Germany Declared war on Great Britain that "Stroking a Tiger will never make it a kitten."

Patty
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#14]

OK.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

OK.

No kidding.

How on earth these people convinced themselves that God would rather see rampant injustice and criminality than ANY violence to right such wrongs is beyond me.

I don't know what Bible they have been reading, but it isn't anything like what I have.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK.

No kidding.

How on earth these people convinced themselves that God would rather see rampant injustice and criminality than ANY violence to right such wrongs is beyond me.

I don't know what Bible they have been reading, but it isn't anything like what I have.

Funny, but that is the interpretation many great Christian men have had.   I don't agree with the position, but I respect anyone who holds it and is willing to die for that belief.

More than enough respect not to peghole them into a group to fit my own pathetic agenda.  

The reaction of the so-called "Christians" on this board to courageous men and women being put under the knife is pathetic.   I believe that if you are right and Jesus is God, when he meets you he will spit in your faces.

pathetic.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's great, because I don't advocate our forces putting their lives on the line saving liberal scum, who will come back to the United States after being rescued and bad mouth our troops and their mission.

+1
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Funny, but that is the interpretation many great Christian men have had.   I don't agree with the position, but I respect anyone who holds it and is willing to die for that belief.

More than enough respect not to peghole them into a group to fit my own pathetic agenda.  

The reaction of the so-called "Christians" on this board to courageous men and women being put under the knife is pathetic.   I believe that if you are right and Jesus is God, when he meets you he will spit in your faces.

pathetic.

You need a breath of fresh air before you end up saying something even more rediculous.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#19]
..... So the scorpion says to the frog, "Let me ride on your back across the river, I won't sting you because then we'd both drown"....  The frog, being a liberal arts major, agrees...

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#20]
[gump] Momma sez stoopid is as stoopid duz. [/gump]

Being a civilian Westerner in Iraq right now is stoopid.  Being affiliated with an organization who, in advance, has requested NOT to be rescued is asinine.  

These fools needlessly risk the lives of those tasked to save their worthless asses.  Fuggem.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]
With Schroder and Fischer no longer in power these people may wait a long time for a ransom...
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
With Schroder and Fischer no longer in power these people may wait a long time for a ransom...

I don't think anyone is gonna wait very long for anything.

I don't see anyone coming out of this one.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think anyone is gonna wait very long for anything.

I don't see anyone coming out of this one.

I pray that they do, but knowing the type of monsters that perpetrate these acts, I am not very optimistic. Hopefully they were captured by someone who just wants money, as they can sometimes be reasonable. But from the reports it sounds like some of the hardcore looney-tunes kidnapped them, which is bad juju.

I really don't want to see another video of a hostage being murdered by these blood-thirsty mongrels. ESPECIALLY one of a woman being beheaded......
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#24]
has this been mentioned? lots of the kidnappings are ransoms. they are lots of criminals supposedly let out of the prisons prior to the invasion to add to the chaos and a lot of these guys have been actually ransoming their victims or killing them if the attempt fails.

has nothing to do with trying to do a peaceful mission. for the criminals its all about money. the idiots who go over their end up over their heads. its not about justice with a lot of these buys its about money. any nationalistic or religous pretensions just help a lot of these guys get more dow out of the victim governments.

like those idiots who camped out on that alaskan island and the old bears too sick to get food the normal way decided to eat the idiots..

so many westerners are completely clueless about what is going on over there. a bunch of it is nothing more than criminal gangs vying for terf.. instead of drive bys they have ieds... we cant control our own ghettos.. how you expect to tame one big arabian ghetto? because that's what it is....
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Kabumped.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#26]
And again...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Just a reminder for the Jill Carrols of the world.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#28]
man, what the hell ever happened to them guys??? it's like they just dropped off the face of the earth...you guys think they were whacked? still being held? or were released quietly?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top