Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2001 6:59:33 PM EDT
What's the difference between a Standard Match and National Match DCM legal?
What is the better choice to buy?
I'm currently looking at Springfield, Kimber, Para, and Rock River Arms.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Here in NY, the State Bullseye matche was won by a Dan Wesson 1911...

What's the difference between a "Match" and a "Nationial Match"??

A bunch of garbage that makes no difference if your shooting skills are off...

I have only met 4 shooters in my life that could out-shoot a Standard Colt 1911/1991 or Springfield....
Myself included. I own a Colt Series 70 NM because my skills deem it. Yet, I have many many times beaten the crap out of guys with "Nationial Match" 1911's using only a factory stock Colt.

Oh yeah...
The difference is hand fit, options, and sometimes materials...
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
DCM legal means the pistol is in complience with that contests rules.If your not going to shoot DCM matches it doesnt matter.

All four you mention make nice pistols.Shop around and find the best deal.look at the diffrence in sights ect.les Baur makes a accurate pistol.It will cost you though.

I know quite a few people who can outshoot a standard 1911.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to use it for competition? If not get a Kimber they are great right out of the box. If so, then the customhouses like Les Baur make sense.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here in NY, the State Bullseye matche was won by a Dan Wesson 1911...

What's the difference between a "Match" and a "Nationial Match"??

A bunch of garbage that makes no difference if your shooting skills are off...

I have only met 4 shooters in my life that could out-shoot a Standard Colt 1911/1991 or Springfield....
Myself included. I own a Colt Series 70 NM because my skills deem it. Yet, I have many many times beaten the crap out of guys with "Nationial Match" 1911's using only a factory stock Colt.

Oh yeah...
The difference is hand fit, options, and sometimes materials...
View Quote

WOW, aren't you full of yourself tonight?  Since you are the expert, why not explain exactly what the difference is when you're done talking down to the mortals.

Thanks

Link Posted: 7/28/2001 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Gun magazines
make stuff up to fool people.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]
wilson and les baer, IMO good guns put i think you pay a LOT just for the name

go with a rock river for an expensive 1911

the better cheaper route is to get a colt 1991 and have it built by a smith
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top