Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2001 8:32:41 PM EDT
There has been so much talk on these boards about these two rifles in the last week or so, I was thinking of buying one.

I can only buy one, so was wondering which one to buy.  I already own an Enfield (.303 brit) and Mausers (7x57 & 8x57), these are both great rifle designs.  

What are the PRO's and CON's of each model?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned both and like the Ishy better than the FR8. The Ishy was alot more reliable and a bit more enjoyable to shoot because of the extra weight. The FR8 had some problems feeding because of the excess lenght in the action. I also am partial to having a bent bolt as opposed to the "cav" style of the FR8. Both rifles feed from strippers, the 2A holds 7 more than the Mauser. If your getting the rifle to customize the Freight will probably be easier to smith, but if your getting the weapon to shoot, your money is better spent on the 2A.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
 The length of the weapons should factor into your decision also.
 Do you want a carbine or full size rifle?

Chuck
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The FR8----
1-Looks bad!
2-Super quality BBL.
3-Muzzle brakes from TAPCO
4-After market match triggers
5-After market stocks in any configuration
6-Trick sights
7-All parts available anywhere (it's a 98 Mauser)
8- 20 round mags at Sarco or Gunparts
9-After market BBL's available anywhere
10-Looks bad!

Who has any spare parts for the Enfield?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#4]
PS---I have a few of each and like them all...
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
 Gunparts has Enfield parts also.
 The mauser action was definitely the more prolific of the two though.
 I hear that the FR8 rifles kick like PO'd mules.

Chuck
Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I finially found a good deal on a FR-8.  Actually I stopped looking and one came available.  

I will still get an Enfield when the right deal comes along.

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top