Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 3:48:41 PM EDT
Well I am two days back from my 35-day whirlwind tour of the Middle East.  Stops included beautiful vacation spots in Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Afghanistan, and Djibouti.  The experience has reinforced my respect and admiration for our troops serving on active duty.  My stay in paradise was for only a month.  Some of these folks have been there for 18 months or more.  Here is a small sampling of the 170 photos I took while in country.  Enjoy…

Waiting for a ride to the airport in Qatar (Note the M-109A6’s in the background)

Liberation Tower in Kuwait City

Kuwait City

OEF Post Office in Afghanistan

Russian Scrap amid the minefield, Afghanistan

Me and my partner in Afghanistan (Russian APC parked in a minefield out at the edge of the wire)

Me and my partner in Djibouti, Africa

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#1]
We want more info and more pics!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you really go as a tourist or are you a civilian doing DOD-related work? Cant imagine anyone visiting Djibouti for tourism.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No, there is a great deal of sarcasm implied here.  I am a DOD contractor.  They asked for volunteers, and I said “Let’s get it on”…
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome back!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Wondering about the OEF US Post Office in Afghanistan.

Are the people who work there DOD or USPS employees?

Are they armed? or are they limited to dog spray?

Adds a whole new perspective on "going postal".

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wondering about the OEF US Post Office in Afghanistan.

Are the people who work there DOD or USPS employees?

Are they armed? or are they limited to dog spray?

Adds a whole new perspective on "going postal".

The USPS post office in Kandahar, Afghanistan was run by Air Force and Army personnel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Do I see a HAK hidden in plain sight on that last pic?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top