Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:04:09 AM EDT
Alright, soo..... My dog has finished chewing the crap out of my cell phone whilst I was in bed...

Ive called over my Police Officer friend to 'watch' the dog for a little while  

I'm going to need a new verizon phone, wanted to get the hives opinion on the palm pilot ones if anyone has any expereance with them. Before you say switch to another service, please save it. I am a truck driver, and no other service comes CLOSE to the coverage they have.

I have found some awesome deals on the pocket pc type verizon phones on Ebay, I just dont know anything about them. Or hell... even if I NEED one of these things.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have and use a Blackberry 7250.  It is Bluetooth enabled (which may or may not mean much) so you're able to check your email (using OUTLOOK).  The calendar feature is awesome and has already saved my ass more than once (important dates, meetings, whatever).  The internal antenna works extremely well (I can get service in my office despite never being able to with my old Kyocera).  The screen is backlit and extremely easy to read.  It takes an hour or two to figure out the controls, but are intuitive after you get the hang of it.  There's a game already loaded on it.  It has automatic volume control which is nice (when speaking to "yellers").  The phone can be programmed around your needs and wants...that is, you control: what screen (calendar/PDA, phone, blank, main menu, etc) is your "home screen", the function of various buttons when using a certain feature, etc.

The only downsides are its size (actually very light)(2.75" wide X 4.25" long) which takes some getting used to.  And your dependance on it.

Good luck...i love mine, but I bought it new.  I've seen the same model on EBAY for 120 bucks less than a retailer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top