Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/10/2005 5:18:02 AM EDT
Outside of the areas that have teams playing in the finals, who actually cares?  I can garuantee if the Tigers ever make it to the post season, most of Michigan under 106 years old wouldn't bat an eye.

I can cope with House and Bones being canceled until November, although it is still a hard topic, but now these pricks have gone too far.  They canceled the Sunday night comedy block, arrested development, and kitchen confidential.  Why can't we put this crap on a network no one actually watches like lifetime or hallmark?  

I feel like we need to sterilize the people watching baseball so our children don't have to have their favorite sitcoms canceled for a bunch of overpaid, overwieght idiots.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah.  Baseball would be more entertaining if they got the players off the field so I could watch the grass grow.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:25:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah.  Baseball would be more entertaining if they got the players off the field so I could watch the grass grow.

I'm moderately interested in seeing the Yankees win, especially now that the BOSUCKS have reverted back to their usual form and bit the big one at the moment of truth.

I reiterate my theory: The curse isn't dead; they just leant it to sKerry. Let's do it again in 2090!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
It would be better if it were played with guns.

The pitcher shoots at the batter.  If he misses three times, he gets to run to first.  The field players get to shoot at him while he is running.  The only time they can't shoot him is when he is on base.  Basemen with close quarters weapons, outfielders with sniper rifles.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:28:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It would be better if it were played with guns.

The pitcher shoots at the batter.  If he misses three times, he gets to run to first.  The field players get to shoot at him while he is running.  The only time they can't shoot him is when he is on base.  Basemen with close quarters weapons, outfielders with sniper rifles.....

Wow! Tac-ball!

Every team is known by the color and pattern of their camo!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I stopped watching baseball after the B.S. divisional play-offs were added.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:38:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I kind of enjoyed watching Teddy's boys go down yesterday......again.  A devastating defeat.  Think about suicide Ted. It's painless. Your dad did it.  Leave a billion more for the UN.....maybe the ROP....you puss-filled, maggot infested, festering POS!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I stopped watching baseball after the B.S. divisional play-offs were added.

When I last watched baseball religiously, the ALCS and NLCS were best-of-five, the Angeles were the CALIFORNIA Angels, and the only time the NL and AL played each other was the All-Star Game and the World Series.

It all went to shit after the first players strike.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:40:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Go Yankees! Didn't you see how many 3 point field goals in one they scored?

I can't wait to see them win the Stanley Cup again!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#13]
So we should cancel football, too? The people that play on those sitcoms are also overpaid and usually underweight idiots.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Outside of the areas that have teams playing in the finals, who actually cares?  I can garuantee if the Tigers ever make it to the post season, most of Michigan under 106 years old wouldn't bat an eye.

I can cope with House and Bones being canceled until November, although it is still a hard topic, but now these pricks have gone too far.  They canceled the Sunday night comedy block, arrested development, and kitchen confidential.  Why can't we put this crap on a network no one actually watches like lifetime or hallmark?  

I feel like we need to sterilize the people watching baseball so our children don't have to have their favorite sitcoms canceled for a bunch of overpaid, overwieght idiots.

Watch baseball or don't but damn, you need to get that TV tit out of your mouth.  You must be 450 pounds if your life revolves around it that much.  Not to mention the whining.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#15]
When did we get over-run by a bunch of nancy boy, communists?

The Braves-Astros game yest. was one of the best in MLB history! 18 innings in 5 hours 50 minutes ended by a walk off home run!
You aren't going to find better TV than post-season baseball.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Bones is a very cool new show (She's cute, educated and emotionally distant.........the perfect woman).
I hope viewership can recover after the Steriod-Enhanced Boys of Summer go away.
Seriously, with dozens of sports channels dedicated to MLB, there is no reason to preempt normal programing.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Not I! Hockey's back!

BTW they keep preempting my local 10 o'clock news for idiotic baseball! GRRRRRRRR  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So we should cancel football, too? The people that play on those sitcoms are also overpaid and usually underweight idiots.

No, football is only played during the week on Monday nights and it is generally accepted that football doesn't suck.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Maybe we're sick of being subjected to an "American Past-time" that's been taken over by foriegn players and steriod-pumped cavemen.

Half the players can't speak standard english, and the other half are busy rubbing "The Clear" on their arms,  or shooting 'roids in the ass.

Whether or not you're a fan, I think it self evident that we need not have baseball on 2 dozen channels at once.

CKMorley

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, football is only played during the week on Monday nights and it is generally accepted that football doesn't suck.

Tell the 50,000+ fans in the stands of a Yankees game EVERY NIGHT that baseball sucks.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Football is a mans game.  It is the closest who can get to organized entertaining war.  The only sport better than football is hockey.  Footballs good but watching guys knock the piss out of each other and then fight is the best show on television
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:07:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Football is a mans game.  It is the closest who can get to organized entertaining war.  The only sport better than football is hockey.  Footballs good but watching guys knock the piss out of each other and then fight is the best show on television

I heard they've tried to increase scoring in the hockey games.  I have always felt the low scores was why hockey was never been universally accepted.  Same goes for soccer.  Who wants to watch a game where you usually spend a couple of hours watching and end up 1-0?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Seriously, with dozens of sports channels dedicated to MLB, there is no reason to preempt normal programing.

CKMorley

The answer is MONEY.  The network makes more money showing the baseball game than it does showing a couple of silly sitcoms.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The Braves-Astros game yest. was one of the best in MLB history! 18 innings in 5 hours 50 minutes ended by a walk off home run!

CORRECT!! Two grand slams, a bottome of the 9th with two out home run to tie the game, then NINE more innings of awesome baseball, and Roger Clemens coming in to pitch 3 innings of relief, and a home run in the bottom of the 18th to win it for my hometown boys!!

Too bad I'm in fucking Kuwait and missed the whole god damn thing!!!

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell the 50,000+ fans in the stands of a Yankees game EVERY NIGHT that baseball sucks.  

New york is about the only reliable audience of baseball.  They can keep it along with the tv coverage.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
New york is about the only reliable audience of baseball.  They can keep it along with the tv coverage.  

Glad you are doing whatever YOUR job is and not programming for a major network.

Ignorance would just about sum up your expertise on this matter.

Washington Nationals had between 20,000 and 30,000 fans at each game for 81 games.  Total paid attendance was > 2.7 million for the year.  The franchise used to be the worst team in baseball, the Expos.

I think Los Angeles sells out more than half their games every year for BOTH franchises.  Hell, the Cubs are playing to a packed house every home game.  So is Boston.

The only places I rountinely see 10,000+ empty, but available, seats is Balitmore, Tampa Bay and Colorado.

Luckily those games don't usually make TV.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Baseball, NFL football, Basketball, and Hockey have always been boring to me, never could get interested. I enjoy college football though, especially the Florida teams (like one and hate the other two). My favorite sports by far are NASCAR racing and golf, I can watch them start to finish at anytime.

I also enjoy Women's beach volleyball, they showed that on TV a bunch this summer
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CORRECT!! Two grand slams, a bottome of the 9th with two out home run to tie the game, then NINE more innings of awesome baseball, and Roger Clemens coming in to pitch 3 innings of relief, and a home run in the bottom of the 18th to win it for my hometown boys!!

Too bad I'm in fucking Kuwait and missed the whole god damn thing!!!

GO ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention Clemens was the last pitcher in the Astrols bullpen!  If he would have had to leave the game they would have been screwed!  and if the astros had lost they wouldn't have had anyone to pitch in game 5!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Someone prefers network sitcoms over professional sport? C'mon. I'm not the biggest baseball fan out there by any stretch, but the Astros-Braves game last night was epic.

Football is a man's game, but rugby separates the REAL men from the boys. Those overweight linemen wouldn't last 10 minutes on a rugby pitch. Football pansies are padded from head to toe. No one on my rugby team wore so much as a nutcup. Nothing but a jockstrap, shorts, jersey, and boots with 1" aluminum spikes. Be a man among men, play rugby!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

+100  Awesome game!  Unbelieveable. Baseball is America's Pasttime.   Why is everyone crying about sports?!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Pro sports are fixed, I could give a rat's ass less.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You didn't mention it so I guess the games haven't preempted your Oprah, Martha Stewart and Christopher Lowell Show.  If that happened you'd just have to scratch someone's eyes out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, I can't watch a whole game of any sport.  Two - three hours of NOTHING drives me nuts.

But, I check in from time to time and enjoy some of the post-season Baseball.

As for you Keving67...Comunist China welcomes you home.  Why don't you take your pinko, troll ass out and embrace some other sport that's not America's passtime.

Its this kind of moral degridation that makes us weak.

Jeeze, our President ran a baseball team.

Don't you love the USA?

I can't believe that your not banned yet.  

So let me be the first to say Ban him, Ban him.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well, I can't watch a whole game of any sport.  Two - three hours of NOTHING drives me nuts.

As for you Keving67...Comunist China welcomes you home.  Why don't you take your pinko, troll ass out and embrace some other sport that's not America's passtime.

Don't you love the USA?

Anyone who watches House and Bones should be sterilized for the betterment of the species.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm so mad! The baseball games were interrupting: COPS, America's Most Wanted, Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, etc... Grrrrr... Why can't those punks go on strike?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm off baseball until they get their shit straightened out.  Dopers suck, and rich crybaby dopers suck even more.  Between the owners constantly seeking tax money to the players crying to support their families I don't know how anyone stands it anymore.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Don't you love the USA?

You show me one team that has a majority of born here Americans!  The only place I can find more hispanics is outside the local Home Depot.

China has baseball too.  

Yes, baseball is America's PASTtime.  As in it was a sport a long time ago just like boxing.  Football is America's CURRENTtime.  

Moral degradation?  Like steroids and boozing and cheating?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm watching.
I'm a junkie.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Ive watched at least 3 innings of every post season game played this year.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#40]
With all due respect, I'd rather watch flies fornicate. Baseball is just too dull as a spectator sport.

Gimme basketball, hockey and football....something that doesn't crawl at a snail's pace.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#41]
I lost a lot of interest after the last strike.  They all seem to love money more than the game.  That includes player, owners, and the media.  

The only good thing about baseball on tv is that its not soccer.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You show me one team that has a majority of born here Americans!  The only place I can find more hispanics is outside the local Home Depot.

I see.  You are basically a closet racist.  Glad I know.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:54:46 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you see now here is an untrue statement.

Angels had the second best gross selling fan base in all of baseball only because they have 10000 less seats than the Yankees.

I like the yankees because of the players.. well maybe not A Rod (love those hamburger helper batting gloves)

The fans are smug... they feel that they are owed Championship status. i call BS. They are the most smug arrogant people I have ever seen in a sporting even (well second to Raider fans) Se went to an Angel game on Tuesday night and had this arrogan prick behind us... every hit, every play, that the Yankees made was followed by an obnoxious snurt of some sort.

As soon as the tables turned and the Angels started scoring... he just shut up and it was BEAUTIFUL!

plus as soon as the yankees started to lose... the fights started breaking out. Whenever Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, florida, minnesota come to town, I have NEVER seen a fight between fans...

... but when NY or Boston come to town... arrogant fans!

Its only a fucking game,,, it is not a world ending decision!

What I find funny as hell is if you ever go to a spring training game, you see a lot of behind the scenes stuff that you only assume as opposite in the regualr season... most of the players on rival teams are friends.. you see Seattle mariners hanging with Anaheim Angels, BSing and throwing the ball around.

The animosity between the two is NOT the teams... its the fans.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

FOOTBALL SUCKS.

I for one, am bored with football.

The average football telecast is 3 HOURS.  The game clock has 1 HOUR of playing time for four quarters.  

Did you know that there are less than 20 MINUTES (17 minute average) of actual BLOCKING, TACKLING, PASSING, KICKING and RUNNING in a game? Most of it is standing around, huddling, or walking back to the huddle after a play.

Do you enjoy sitting for three hours to watch 20 minutes of action?  Endless shots of the head coach, referees, penalties, fans in the stands, beer commercials, cheerleaders, blimps, huddles, and idiotic rambling by the game announcers---BOY HOW EXCITING!!!!

I won't even get into your other viewing habits.  Get a life!--the hours you spend watching worthless TV programs would be better spent learning to play a musical instrument, chasing women, actually PLAYING sports, or reading a good book.

EDIT TO ADD:  Gambling is THE major reason footbal is popular.  Fantasy leagues also merit mention.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you love the USA?

In born in america, are you counting puerto rico or not?  I need to know before I present you with teams..

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you love the USA?

In born in america, are you counting puerto rico or not?  I need to know before I present you with teams..

no, they don't pay taxes

ETA: I take that back.  Seems they pay some sort of tax.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#47]
I have never cared for watching football or baseball in my entire adult life.

Basketball, now that's a real sport.  :)

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I won't even get into your other viewing habits.  Get a life!--the hours you spend watching worthless TV programs would be better spent learning to play a musical instrument, chasing women, actually PLAYING sports, or reading a good book.

As far as my life goes, the 1 or 2 hours a night of entertainment I get are these worthless TV programs.  The rest of the time is studying for grad school, actually working my day job, and tutoring math for an after hours job.  

I'm not saying cancel baseball, I'm saying put it on another station.  One that does not have such a strong prime time lineup that caters to a very large audience while play off baseball caters to a smaller audience.  ESPN 37 would make a suitable home.  

I'd rather see shots of the coaches and referees than some overwait pitcher scratching his ass, spitting chew, and calling off a dozen consecutive pitches before decided on one.  Baseball, my good man, is the slowest sport known to man.  Golf has more action.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#49]
I would watch if the Giants made it to playoffs!

And to all you guys who don't like Baseball, stop whining that it interupts your precious sitcoms. I don't care for sitcoms at all.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you love the USA?

no, they don't pay taxes

ETA: I take that back.  Seems they pay some sort of tax.

I am still working on an true answer
but so far...
using the active roster listed at mlb.com
the Angels (american born=16, other=7, puerto rican=2)
the Astros (21: 4: 0 respectively)
The Blue Jays (27:4:0)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top