Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:13:04 PM EDT
If you can identify this vehicle because you have seen  one in person, please hold off on IDing so the Tank Buffs can play.

Guesses?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Cheiftain.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Good guess, but very wrong.

NEXT!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Holding off.  That looks like Ft Irwin.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
it looks like an M551 made up to look like a T80...

Yep...driver's hatch is a dead giveaway.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a pimped out ruskie tank
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks kinda like a Merkava with fuel tanks on the back...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#8]
That's that new Russian tank that nobody in the West has ever seen.

But Goose and I engaged one, inverted, pulling negative G's.
And I've got photos.
Honest.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Its a Sheridan light tank made up for opposing forces.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's that new Russian tank that nobody in the West has ever seen.

But Goose and I engaged one, inverted, pulling negative G's.
And I've got photos.
Honest.

We were, you know, communicating...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

CORRECT!

Okay, I guess it was too easy.  This one is a "full dresser" parked by the gate on Fort Irwin Road.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on point of view) these VISMOD Sheridans are no longer used.   This was a pretty convincing visual mod.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm thinking it is probably really heavy...and ummm...yeah...I have no earthly clue.  It looks like a russian design of some sort or a spin off one maybe?  Nice big external fuel tank?

-Ben

ETA: Oh, my reply was beat by a few seconds. I'll try better next time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a better shot.  The CAMO is making it really hard for me to see anything.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm thinking it is probably really heavy...and ummm...yeah...I have no earthly clue.  It looks like a russian design of some sort or a spin off one maybe?  Nice big external fuel tank?

-Ben

Damn.  A FISTer should be a vehicle ID master.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

LOL, and to think it was a (former) gun bunny that guessed it.

Btw: even though I've been to NTC a few times, we in the gun batteries never got to see the OPFOR much.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

Btw: even though I've been to NTC a few times, we in the gun batteries never got to see the OPFOR much.

My puzzle was solved by a DAGBY!!! AAACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!

-  The last couple of rotations the OPFOR managed to infiltrate tanks into the BLUE rear area and take out the Paladin batteries.  Those DAGBYs were pretty surprised to see OPFOR!

It would probably really suck to go to NTC and just see the Dust Bowl and Colombia Wash.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

My puzzle was solved by a DAGBY!!! AAACCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!

-  The last couple of rotations the OPFOR managed to infiltrate tanks into the BLUE rear area and take out the Paladin batteries.  Those DAGBYs were pretty surprised to see OPFOR!

I got deployed three weeks outta AIT, we went through Fort Bliss for our mob, never been to NTC.    Never really done much but pretend to be 11 Bravo.

-Ben

(ETA And I am a COLT...like to think of ourselves as tougher then FISTers, even if it just means we get to walk/carry more )
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]

The last couple of rotations the OPFOR managed to infiltrate tanks into the BLUE rear area and take out the Paladin batteries
And an old HS buddy of mine that recently retired---as a 13B---told me that his CoC seriously frowned upon any sort of direct-fire training for the gun line. his BC wouldn't ALLOW the chiefs to take their crews out for DF training. How's that for stupid?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted: And an old HS buddy of mine that recently retired---as a 13B---told me that his CoC seriously frowned upon any sort of direct-fire training for the gun line. his BC wouldn't ALLOW the chiefs to take their crews out for DF training. How's that for stupid?
That's crazy! The way the Army moves nowadays, you'll have artillery direct firing on buildings in urban areas that the enemy converted into makeshift strongpoints.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top