Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:17:07 PM EDT
This is a pretty good article about something that happened a few months ago.  Might be a repost, the original event happened before I was a member here.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2005/09/26/rave/

You have to deal with the salon.com BS "free pass" unless you're a member. Just mute the sound and look at something else while you wait.   If the video link there gets killed, there are more here of you scroll down:

http://www.music-versus-guns.org/mamboserver/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,31/func,select/id,2/

The above site was constructed by the event organizers.  The salon article is a good read that condenses the issues nicely.  Regardless of your opinions of raves and ravers, the police overdid this by quite a bit.  The guy with spare mags clipped together is a hoot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck salon.com...pop up hell...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, those ravers are real nice people.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Why'd you put a troll thing?  It's not my intention to troll.  You think it's ok for 90 guys in full commando gear to stick rifles in people's faces and beat the crap out of some of them?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]
This topic went down hill fast on covrvettefourm.com
My only thought why did the police  have such a problem with  cameras if everthing they  are doing is on the level
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I clicked on the link, but all I got was sand in my magina.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#8]
arfcom is full of them.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmm....dogs, helecoptors, full woodland bdu's, mp5's, bodyarmor, and camelbaks to break up a party. Somebody get these cops a terrorist attack...stat!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
arfcom is full of them.

You will not last long around here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
arfcom is full of them.

Lemme guess. You are one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why'd you put a troll thing?  It's not my intention to troll.  You think it's ok for 90 guys in full commando gear to stick rifles in people's faces and beat the crap out of some of them?

'Cause I felt like it, , because I felt you were trying to start another cop-bashing thread that Arfcom's recently become famous for.

I didn't see anyone sticking a rifle in anyone's face. I saw two arrests, the subjects of which appeared to be resisting. Lots of yelling and dog barking, and helicopter noise might have made you think that much more was happening. That's the goal. Overwhelm with force/noise, then the arrests that need made can be made w/o anyone being hurt, on either side. It'd be interesting to hear the from the LEO side rather than the suspects'.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
arfcom is full of them.

Head on over to DU underground. They miss you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes..  when they are dopers gun nuts.  

Remember, society frowns on certain other behaviours too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hmm....dogs, helecoptors, full woodland bdu's, mp5's, bodyarmor, and camelbaks to break up a party. Somebody get these cops a terrorist attack...stat!

I do feel there is a little problem with perspective in the law enforcement community. With how many illegals are in this country, I wish every day citizens would get a little more mild of treatment, regardless of their indescrections. We should be hitting hard these urban and suburban homes with 30-50 illegals crammed in them, not young punk rave parties. Let the kids have their fun, and start cracking skulls of the ppl. that don't belong here...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Id like to know the official reason for the raid. If its to bust a bunch of people for victimless crimes its JBT BULLSHIT.

Oh gawd someone got high at a party? call the swat team

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Cause I felt like it, , because I felt you were trying to start another cop-bashing thread that Arfcom's recently become famous for.

I didn't see anyone sticking a rifle in anyone's face. I saw two arrests, the subjects of which appeared to be resisting. Lots of yelling and dog barking, and helicopter noise might have made you think that much more was happening. That's the goal. Overwhelm with force/noise, then the arrests that need made can be made w/o anyone being hurt, on either side. It'd be interesting to hear the from the LEO side rather than the suspects'.

The site used to contain a bunch of statements from people who were there.   Might still be there somewhere but the navigation sucks.  The "resisting" mostly consisted of people getting jumped for the temerity of asking what was going on. There was one right in the Salon article, of the guy being woken up with a rifle in his face.  There were also many reports of people's cameras being confiscated/destroyed.  The apparent story behind the video is that the cameraman got nailed, and threw his camera, which was then scooped up by a friend who then ran his ass off and got away with it.  If everything was so on the up-and-up, why were they so careful about preventing documentation of their behavior?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Just by using a little common sense here....  Maybe the rave was raided because of ecstasy use and other drugs being used?  You know..  They are illegal, so that does allow the police to do such.

I don't see any harm in the video.  Most people settled themselves down and didn't get arrested.  It's simple..  Don't screw up, and you won't be on the ground with cops all over you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#21]
To this day the most drugs that I ever bought while undercover was at a Rave.  I literally stood in the middle of the crowd and yelled who had ecstasy and meth for sale and people ran to me.  Two guys got into a fight over who was going to sell to me.  Good time for me, bad time for them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do feel there is a little problem with perspective in the law enforcement community. With how many illegals are in this country, I wish every day citizens would get a little more mild of treatment, regardless of their indescrections. We should be hitting hard these urban and suburban homes with 30-50 illegals crammed in them, not young punk rave parties. Let the kids have their fun, and start cracking skulls of the ppl. that don't belong here...

You are aware that your local police cannot do a thing about illegal immigration?

I'm amused by your  theory. "Look there is an illegal!  That means I get a pass for being a scumbag!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Politicians are the scumbags, JBTs are the mindless dolfs who need the politicos to tell them whats right or wrong. If I aint hurtin nobody LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Politicians are the scumbags, JBTs are the mindless dolfs who need the politicos to tell them whats right or wrong. If I aint hurtin nobody LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!

Why are you answering for Squeeze?  Get your troll accounts confused?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top