Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:03:08 PM EDT
Does anyone use Pro Ears electronic muffs? If so, how do you like them? My decision is basically down to either the Pro-ears 300 or a set of Peltor 6s/7. From what I understand the Peltors shut off where as the Pro Ears attentuate the sound. Clipping the loud sounds could be a problem at a machinegun shoot or such.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been using ComTac's for four years, they fit the bill, Bill.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have been using ComTac's for four years, they fit the bill, Bill.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/AILapua/Comtacs.jpg

Do they clip or attenuate loud sounds?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Peltor is hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#5]
ComTac's are great. I've been using them for about a year and a half. They fit comfortably and allow a good check weld. They do not cut out with loud noises. They only lower the volume. I love them and think they are worth the cost.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Pro-Ears are kind of shitty.

That thread will answer any questions you have, but just to save you a little time, I own a pair of Sordin Supreme Pro (IV model) and I love em. They attenuate, as supposed to turn off. How they work is they like, hear the sound, and the onboard DSP generates an inverse sine wave to cancel the sound. It's really cool.

They're very comfortable and I wear them under a MICH for extended periods of time, with absolutely no problems.

I would highly reccomend the Sordins, but they are kind of hard to come by, but Peltor Com-Tacs are pretty decent also.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have Walkers Game Ear Quad. They work very nicely, and aren't as bulky as the Peltor or Comtacs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Peltor Tactical 6S, its ok but not great. Its inexpensive, light weight and low profile but it doesn't provide much hearing protection. At an outdoor range its barely adequate, forget about using it indoors. The sound clipping is noticable but doesn't bother me because it happens quickly for only a short duration.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm on page 1 of 7 of that thread.  Interestng info... Thanks!  The Sordin's do seem nice but are a little out of my price range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top