Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 11:13:11 AM EDT
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9618697/

Pit Bull Shot To Death After Attacking Teen

WTVJ-TV
PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. - A Pembroke Pines teen was recovering Thursday night after a pit bull attack. Danny Garcia, 14, was walking across a neighbor's lawn in the 1400 block of Southwest 106th Avenue in Pembroke Pines Thursday afternoon when his neighbor's dog, Demon, bit him, according to his mother, Mirna.

Mirna Garcia called police to have them retrieve the dog after the attack, but said she did not expect Demon, who has grown up with her children, to be shot by police.

"My kids are very traumatized now. They were screaming and crying in the kitchen," Mirna Garcia said.

Witnesses said Demon was usually tied up, but somehow broke free before the alleged incident.

"It was terrible, and I even told the police officer when I saw him heading down, I said, 'Where are you going? Why don't you stay here and just wait for animal control?' And he said, 'I'm just going to go and take a look.' He didn't say he was going to go and shoot him, and he didn't shoot him; it was another policeman that came and actually shot him," Mirna Garcia said.

Danny Garcia and his family said Demon was a good dog that did not deserve to die.

"My kids bathed him all the time, and we know the owner since we moved here, four years, and he's a great person and we're friends with him. We never thought that the dog would attack Danny and we never thought that they would do what they did to him," Mirna Garcia said.

Demon's owner said he was at school at the time of the incident and does not know how Demon broke loose.

Pembroke Pines police did not immediately return calls for comment
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTPBA

(in before the pit bull apologists)

Edited to add,

DEMON

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Um...did anyone else see the part where it says he was walking across a NEIGHBOR'S lawn?  Call me crazy, but MAYBE, just MAYBE walking across the lawn of a place where a pitbull lives isn't the brightest idea...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9618697/

Pit Bull Shot To Death After Attacking Teen  
WTVJ-TV
PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. - A Pembroke Pines teen was recovering Thursday night after a pit bull attack. Danny Garcia, 14, was walking across a neighbor's lawn in the 1400 block of Southwest 106th Avenue in Pembroke Pines Thursday afternoon when his neighbor's dog, Demon, bit him, according to his mother, Mirna.

Mirna Garcia called police to have them retrieve the dog after the attack, but said she did not expect Demon, who has grown up with her children, to be shot by police.

"My kids are very traumatized now. They were screaming and crying in the kitchen," Mirna Garcia said.

Witnesses said Demon was usually tied up, but somehow broke free before the alleged incident.

"It was terrible, and I even told the police officer when I saw him heading down, I said, 'Where are you going? Why don't you stay here and just wait for animal control?' And he said, 'I'm just going to go and take a look.' He didn't say he was going to go and shoot him, and he didn't shoot him; it was another policeman that came and actually shot him," Mirna Garcia said.

Danny Garcia and his family said Demon was a good dog that did not deserve to die.

"My kids bathed him all the time, and we know the owner since we moved here, four years, and he's a great person and we're friends with him. We never thought that the dog would attack Danny and we never thought that they would do what they did to him," Mirna Garcia said.

Demon's owner said he was at school at the time of the incident and does not know how Demon broke loose.

Pembroke Pines police did not immediately return calls for comment

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I don't see what the big deal is about the dog's name...  Pitbulls have a rep as badass animals, so why not give them a badass name like Demon?  Would it change anything if the dog's name was Spot instead?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Gee that will not make a dog aggressive.  Shoot the fucking owner.  If the asswipe cannot put up a fence he should not have a dog.

What was the kid doing and how bad was the bite?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Ya don't see many stories about goldne retrievers doing this kind of thing.
This behavior has been bred into these dogs through evolution and selective husbandry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This behavior has been bred into these dogs through evolution and selective husbandry.

I don't think I have ever seen a golden tied to short chain all his life either.  It said they grew up with the dog thier the little shit did something to provoke it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Lot's of people get bitten by dogs everyday.

From the story, it seems that the kid and his mom were really upset that cops shot the dog.  The article only says the kid got bitten.  It doesn't say he was mauled or anything like that.  It seems like the only people that wanted the dog dead was the police.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#9]
My girlfriend has a cousin that breeds pitbulls for a living.  Has been doing it for years.  She has dozens and has NEVER had one be aggressive towards her or her five-year-old daughter.  Have any of you considered that maybe the way you treat an animal has more to do with how it acts than what breed it is?  And maybe the reason you hear about every single pitbull attack that ever happens is because they fit into the stereotype of aggressive dogs?  Much like we hear about every single "assault weapon" crime but not about P.C. weapon crimes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think I have ever seen a golden tied to short chain all his life either.  It said they grew up with the dog thier the little shit did something to provoke it.

+1  

This story fails the smell test!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

From the story, it seems that the kid and his mom were really upset that cops shot the dog.  The article only says the kid got bitten.  It doesn't say he was mauled or anything like that.  It seems like the only people that wanted the dog dead was the police.

No, there are at least 2 of us that wanted it dead.

Good job, Officer.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, there are at least 2 of us that wanted it dead.

Good job, Officer.

Yep.
When you call the Po-Po and say "A pitbull named Demon bit my child", you've pretty much sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#13]
All pitbulls and aggresive dog breeds should be destroyed
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Now there's an intelligent post.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Here's my opinion:  All people who are too stupid and ignorant to understand that how a dog is raised causes it to behave badly should be destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Bark, bark, bite, bite, bang, bang, bye, bye, doggy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]
BAN.....................................SOMETHING!

For the children, of course.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]
AJNTSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top