Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 5:53:08 AM EDT
This morning we had a Senior NCO breakfast at a local restaurant. There were 13 of us in attendance, in uniform. As we finished our meal, we were informed by the waitress that someone in the restaurant had paid for ALL 13 of our meals. We looked around for some clue as to who had done this, but whoever it was wasn't letting on. We all said thank you to no one in particular; hopefully whoever paid for our meals heard us. I really wish I knew who it was, so I could thank them personally. I'm still somewhat floored by it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
When you do great things for a great nation, the decent people of that nation always want to show you how much they appreciate it, in any way they can.  I am glad that you experienced this and I just wish I would have been there to foot the bill. Thanks for your service!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
VERY glad to hear. WE do appreciate YOU. I am glad to hear some people know how to show it and back their words up with actions. Many of us wish we could do more.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!

"There is no limit to the amount of good that you can do if you don't care who gets the credit." - General George C Marshall.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That shows you that there are many citizens who appreciate the military, and all you do to keep us safe!

If I knew who paid for your breakfast I would thank them too!

A Big +1

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The same thing happened for my cousin and his friend right after they got back from Iraq.  Someone in the Olive garden paid for their meal.

Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
You're welcome!!  

j/k, but I picked up the lunch tab for a Marine butter-bar and his wife at a Friday's a couple of weeks ago.  He looked around too.

Made me feel good.  Them too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You're welcome!!  

j/k, but I picked up the lunch tab for a Marine butter-bar and his wife at a Friday's a couple of weeks ago.  He looked around too.

Made me feel good.  Them too.

Alot to be said for the Pay it Forward kinda thing...

Excellent thread to have read today!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I am certainly not what anyone would consider "well off", but I have a decent job and a good life. I have picked up the tab a few times for servicemen, usually the young guys, especially when they have a family. I remember how tough it was to make ends meet sometimes.

Both of my sons are USAF and they have both told me about random acts of kindness just because they were in uniform, kinda brings a tear to my eye.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I always thank the guys when I see them.  Never been in a position to pay but If I saw a serviceman dining out I most certainly would pay for them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]
This is the least we can do for those of you in uniform.

If you wear the uniform in public (especially during war time) you should never have to pay for a meal or a drink!!!

Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I came back from Iraq through Baltimore two weeks ago in DCU's. It was too late to get a flight back to Kansas, so I looked for a Hotel around the airport.

The Hotel bar was in easy view of the front desk. Anyway, I  hadn't even got to the front of line when one of the bar employees approached me and asked me what I wanted to drink.  Turns out someone who was a regular there told the bar anything I drank that night was on him, but didn't want to be identified.

I would like to have said thanks for the best beer I've ever had.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I was in the Seattle airport (of all places) in 2002 when 6 or 7 soldiers in desert camo got off a plane and walked thru the terminal. Just like the busweiser commercial, a wave of applause built thru the terminal, every one of those soldiers had a tear in his eye and a spring in his step.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#15]
We're called the Silent Majority.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top