Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good trade.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTT    (in before the tack)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#3]
It would be nice if it were to at least get a temp tack.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
From the prices in the catalog.....if you donate, lets say 25 bucks, that purchases a knife for $25 bucks. Now the same knife if you and I want to order is will cost us $43 bucks. You get the idea.

I do know about the "need", but nothing wrong with covering every angle.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does SmokyMountainKnifeWorks sell/donate these at retail or wholesale cost? IE if you give $ 35 does the soldier get a knife that would cost $ 35 retail from SMKW, or a knife that COST SMKW $ 35?  If SMKW is getting full retail price on all these knives are they doing anything but increasing their profits?

Question 2: Is there really a strong need for additional knives for soldiers and Marines? edit-most guys in the military I know seem to have more knives than a ginsu chef..

I'm just wondering if the money going to this is going to a legitimate need in a way that best helps out people in the military.

I was wondering the same thing when I was reading the SMKW pages.  Most of the knives that SMNW sells for under $60.00 are imported from China (Frost Cutlery) and they are cheap.  I wouldn't send one to a soldier.

Someone somewhere is making some profit.  IMHO
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does SmokyMountainKnifeWorks sell/donate these at retail or wholesale cost? IE if you give $ 35 does the soldier get a knife that would cost $ 35 retail from SMKW, or a knife that COST SMKW $ 35?  If SMKW is getting full retail price on all these knives are they doing anything but increasing their profits?

Question 2: Is there really a strong need for additional knives for soldiers and Marines? edit-most guys in the military I know seem to have more knives than a ginsu chef..

I'm just wondering if the money going to this is going to a legitimate need in a way that best helps out people in the military.

I was wondering the same thing when I was reading the SMKW pages.  Most of the knives that SMNW sells for under $60.00 are imported from China (Frost Cutlery) and they are cheap.  I wouldn't send one to a soldier.

Someone somewhere is making some profit.  IMHO

+1  

They do have some nice items at their store but most are cheap, junk.  I'm sure they're not loosing money.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top