Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that they all want to go to Arizona and join the Arizon Hometown Forum
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What is about Ohio that makes all these people want to leave?

Yeah, we'll see what your attitude is like when a tornado comes and levels your ass...  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I hear the only people left in Ohio are either in the FWPP, or....

they can't sell their property.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, we'll see what your attitude is like when a tornado comes and levels your ass...  

It is more pleasant to be sitting on rubble in Texas for 10 years than spending 1 hour in Columbus.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We don't have Hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes or massive multistate floods.  We have excellent Universities, cultural events, and Shall issue CCW.  We have 4 real seasons.  We have affordable real estate and are within 500 miles of half the US population.  We are a red state.  We also have an unlimited supply of fresh water.  I think I'll stay.

But you have people from Ohio... which negates all good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I went to case western in cleveland for 4 years.... It was *ok* for 4 years. I also lived in columbus as a kid. I have to say, I like new orleans better, even right now, and that is saying alot
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#12]

A lot of people come to Ohio for work. Most want to leave and go back where they came from but they cant.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Someone listened to Paul Harvey today...

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
We don't have Hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes or massive multistate floods.  We have excellent Universities, cultural events, and Shall issue CCW.  We have 4 real seasons.  We have affordable real estate and are within 500 miles of half the US population.  We are a red state.  We also have an unlimited supply of fresh water.  I think I'll stay.

But you have people from Ohio... which negates all good.

We also have 3 of the top 20 school districts in the country, Bulletfest, and Halle Berry is from Ohio.  We have ORF, Ammunitionstore, and Adco.  We have pretty much everything we need.  

And Halle got the hell out...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

We also have Dennis Kucinich, Bob Taft, George Forbes and Stephanie Tubbs Jones.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We also have Dennis Kucinich, Bob Taft, George Forbes and Stephanie Tubbs Jones.

That is just mean…
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I like it for so many reasons it is hard to name.  My favorite is seasons like last week for example:

11:00pm Turn on furnace
8:00am Turn of furnace
11:00 am Turn on Air Conditioner
6:00 pm Turn off air conditioner
11:00 pm Turn on Furnace

There is something magical about leaving the house in the morning with temps in the upper 30's and coming home after work with temps in the lower 80's....

Dan
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Ohio........A great place to be FROM

Grew up in Bedford. Family still lives there.

Halle Berry was in the same H.S. class as my sister. (Just a little Gee Whiz info)

I do get alot of the "When are you moving back?" when I visit.

No slam on ohio, but living in georgia beats the crap out of living in ohio.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't leave out the Rinos Voinovich and Dewine...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I love Ohio and hate Nebraska

Nebraska(Omaha)                         Ohio(Circleville)
Windy all the time                          Small breeze
No Lakes                                        10 minuts from 2 lakes
No woods                                        Lots of woods
Flat                                                  Rolling hills and some bigger hills
No CCW                                          CCW
Huskers                                          Reds, Bengals, Indians, Browns, Blue Jackets, Buckeyes, Crew
Girls(Butts mounted on guts)        Butts where they should be

I'm not a big fan of Cleveland or Cinnci but Columbus has a lot to do. My town farming community 20 minutes from Columbus. Can't wait to get out of the military to go home. Man I hate Nebraska.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Someone listened to Paul Harvey today...

Indeed.

Eric The(Now,PageTwo)Hun
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#23]
That didn't come out the way I planned it.????
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Ohio is great, aside from the cities it is a very red state. Shall issue CCW, all the NFA fun, you can live in the boondocks but still be within a half days drive to a major city. For the most part the people that live here are very friendly. Deer hunting is great, and you can use a crossbow just like a bow.(but no rifles). We have some great gun ranges(did someone say millers?). Alot of proffesional and collegent sports. Not many natural disasters. Great fun and fishing on the lake. What more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Cincy's not too bad as long as you stay out of the city limits.

Our CCW sucks. I don't see why I should get one:
- Can't carry in your car. Needs to be in plain sight or locked.
- Can't carry in a place that servers any alcohol. So no restaurants.
- A business just needs to put up a sign and you can't carry there.
- Can't carry in church or school. Two places where an honest man with gun would add protection.

There are a hell of lot of people in this state. Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Akron, Cleveland, Youngstown, Canton and Columbus. Those are just the cities I would expect everyone to know.

A typical winter day in the southern part of the state is 35 degrees, overcast, ground is wet from a recent rain, overall it's just plain gray.

A typical summer day 93 degrees with 75% humidity. Walking outside feels like putting on a sweater straight from the dryer.

Forget SBR unless you live out in the country.

While both of our Senators suck they look good compared to the Gov.

I tried to talk my wife into moving to KY but she said no.

Thanks guys now I'm depressed!

Oh well it could be worse. I could live near mom's family in northern Maine and have snow from Nov to Apr. Or my dad's family and live in Boston and have Teddy K for a Senator.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Texas > Ohio(State)

25-22 proves it.

When you(tx) goes 14-0 and wins a national championship, we(OH) will "allow" you(tx) to speak to us.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas > Ohio(State)

25-22 proves it.

When you(tx) goes 14-0 and wins a national championship, we(OH) will "allow" you(tx) to speak to us.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas > Ohio(State)

25-22 proves it.

Pass history don’t erase now.

Texas has already done their talking for the year and bitch slapped Ohio State.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The first men to fly were from Ohio.
The first man in orbit was from Ohio.
The first man on the moon was from Ohio.

I'm from OH but that made me LMAO!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Ohio isn't so bad, but it would be great if they can get this new bill through that will fix problems with the CCW and hopefully remove the "Assualt Weapons" bans that most of the big cities have.

www.buckeyefirearms.org/article2707.html
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#31]
I hate Ohio.

Left here 20 years ago, moved to AZ and loved AZ.

Moved back to Ohio to care for Gramps in his last days. Will be moving back to AZ ASAP!

Don't care if Ohio has water and ORF. AZ has Dillon and the miniguns.

Ohio also gave us Howard Metzenbaum and the GOP here is mostly RINO's.

Thanks but I'll pass. There are some great people from Ohio, me for instance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas > Ohio(State)

25-22 proves it.

Pass history don’t erase now.

Texas has already done their talking for the year and bitch slapped Ohio State.

beginners luck
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
It is more pleasant to be sitting on rubble in Texas for 10 years than spending 1 hour in Columbus.

Ouch! Bad Mike! Bad!

Quoted:
I like it for so many reasons it is hard to name.  My favorite is seasons like last week for example:

11:00pm Turn on furnace
8:00am Turn of furnace
11:00 am Turn on Air Conditioner
6:00 pm Turn off air conditioner
11:00 pm Turn on Furnace

There is something magical about leaving the house in the morning with temps in the upper 30's and coming home after work with temps in the lower 80's....

Dan

This is true.

Quoted:
I love Ohio and hate Nebraska

Nebraska(Omaha)                         Ohio(Circleville)
Windy all the time                          Small breeze
No Lakes                                        10 minuts from 2 lakes
No woods                                        Lots of woods
Flat                                                  Rolling hills and some bigger hills
No CCW                                          CCW
Huskers                                          Reds, Bengals, Indians, Browns, Blue Jackets, Buckeyes, Crew
Girls(Butts mounted on guts)        Butts where they should be

I'm not a big fan of Cleveland or Cinnci but Columbus has a lot to do. My town farming community 20 minutes from Columbus. Can't wait to get out of the military to go home. Man I hate Nebraska.

Damn! The 20 minutes from Columbus threw me for a second. So am I, just NW not SE?.....(whatever)

Quoted:
Ohio isn't so bad, but it would be great if they can get this new bill through that will fix problems with the CCW and hopefully remove the "Assualt Weapons" bans that most of the big cities have.

www.buckeyefirearms.org/article2707.html

Agreed. Everyone, hit that "speed dial" and call your senator/rep TODAY!.

Now, as an "aside" has anyone noticed that MOST (not all, certainly) but MOST folks who move OUT of Ohio, TYPICALLLY end up in one of these states:

Texas
Florida
Arizona
N. Carolina

And those 4 states have their OWN (3 or 4 primary "go to" states) but Ohio is in all 3 of `em.

Seriously, I know of none who USED to be Ohioan who lives in any other state than those 4. Uncle Dean - TX. Aunt Myrtle - TX. Cousin Charles FL, Aunt Lyn - AZ, Joanna - FL, Charlie's pal whose name I forget - TX, Barb and Mark - NC, Tim - TX.

Okay... maybe I have to add GA to that list, I just remembered Trudy - GA.

Still... seems not too likely - or at least a bit "odd". (Not in a bad way - just an odd way.)
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Now, as an "aside" has anyone noticed that MOST (not all, certainly) but MOST folks who move OUT of Ohio, TYPICALLLY end up in one of these states:

Texas
Florida
Arizona
N. Carolina

Don't forget Hilton Head ...The official Ohio Vacation Spot....Last time I was there over 50% of the cars in the condo resort place had Ohio plates (and yes, me and my kids counted them)...most had county plates from Cincy/Day area at that.  You would think we could rent some busses and car-pool.....

Dan
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Maine's a hell of alot better state than Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That only means no one wants to move there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Only Steers and Queers are from Texas. Put that in your 10-gallon hat!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

An assault weapons ban?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An assault weapons ban?

Huh?

That's only in Columbus city lims.

In the free areas outside of the blue metros, you can have anything you want... just don't put 31 rounds in the mag.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Texas > Ohio(State)

25-22 proves it.

OWNED
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An assault weapons ban?

Columbus isn't the only place in Ohio....I'm living fine here
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I was in Ohio a couple years ago.  I went with my mom to Cleveland.  I didn't care for Cleveland so much, but liked the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame museum and think that Ohio people are friendly people.  It seems like there's a lot of nice scenery.  

My girlfriend's family (on her dad's side) is also from Ohio.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Lived in Cinncinasty for a couple of years....that city is DEAD.  The food in Ohio is the worst food in all of continental North America.  I just couldn't live there anymore and not eat pizza.  The afterbirth that passes for pizza in Ohio should be banned!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Only Steers and Queers are from Texas. Put that in your 10-gallon hat!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top