Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 4:56:43 PM EDT
www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/1001sr-tent01Z8.html

The City of Scottsdale purchased a quansit hut looking tent that is HUGE! They paid $4 million for it and it came with a HUGE US flag on the outside. They put it up with the flag on it. This flag is the size of a football field and is visable from the freeway. People are actually complaining about it. On the news I heard comments like:

"It's tacky"
"It doesn't fit the desert surroundings"
"We have restrictions on what color we can paint our house, why not the City of Scottsdale?"

The City Manager said there is nothing they can do about it until the City Council votes on it. He said "It came that way. It's not like we just put it up there ourselves". More or less making excuses for it being there.

We need to make some phone calls folks! People are saying our flag that men have died for is "tacky"!

This flag is in Westworld which is an area that is open each year for tourists and they have various horse shows, the Barret Car Auction, rodeos, etc. It can be seen from the 101 Freeway.

So, when you call, let them know to save the flag on the tent in Westworld that can be seen from the 101 freeway. That way they know what you're talking about.

Mayor's Office (480) 312-2433
[email protected]

Save the flag!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bumped because nobody has responded to it... I thought a nationwide firemission would work, but  maybe I should have this moved to the HTF..

Let's give Scottsdale a piece of our mind (I don't have much left..I can only afford one piece)

Scottsdale is the Beverly Hills of Arizona..SNOB CITY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top