Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:30:32 PM EDT
Anybody know?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
check your local ice cream truck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody doesn't realize that Federal law applies in every state.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend doing a search for federal gun laws or the national firearms act (NFA).  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
www.mp5.net/info/sbsconr.htm

Looks like mg's are fine in AK. However, you need to pay $200, no need for a license, unless you want to sell MG's.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks for your insight, I am arguing on another board with a fellow from Alaska. So let me sum up your response, the answer is yes?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
No, you do not need a license. You need to buy a tax stamp, and register the weapon so you can prove the tax was paid.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

OOPS somebody put their foot in their mouth, need some help getting that out Wolfman?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Is Alaska still part of the United States?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Isen't Alaska in the 9th circuit.....begs the question about that courts ruling holding that one could make a machine gun legally as the NFA did not apply in whole for one made IN STATE that had not  passed in inter stated commerce???
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Isen't Alaska in the 9th circuit.....begs the question about that courts ruling holding that one could make a machine gun legally as the NFA did not apply in whole for one made IN STATE that had not  passed in inter stated commerce???

I wouldn't try it.  One of the worst things about the ATF agency is that they basically make their own laws, without fooling around with Congress.  How they get away with it, I dont know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top